Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery split on carrier

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a strange situation on delivery due split. For example. i have three orders. First order, plant A121. Second order plant A121, A710. Third order plant A710. What i want delivery is 1 delivery for items from plant A121 and another delivery for plant A710. All these orders have same cust po number and shipping point, etc. The critieria to split is based on cust po and plant. This works if i don;t change the carrier at the line item level in the sales order. Currently the carrier is determined at the header level. In the 3 orders, i have changed carrier for plant A121 in the first and second order at the item level. Next, i run delivery due for the three orders. I got delivery for plant A121 from first order, another delivery for plant A121 from second order. Since i use the default carrier for plant A710, i got one delivery which is good.

The issue does not seem to lie in split criteria. Could this be that carrier is determined at header level, thus causing delivery to split for the same plant ? In creation, i came across "Delivery split due to conflicting header data *ZUKRL:custpoA121 <-> custpoA710".

Why would it pick A710 when it should be A121 ?

Have anyone come across this situation ? Pls share your thoughts.

thank you.

Joyce

Edited by: Joyce Chan on Mar 6, 2010 8:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case system should crete two deliveries only.One for Plant A121 and second for A710.But it has created 3 deliveries.

First chack in your customer master order combination is activated to combine sales orders to crete outbound delivery?If this is not active system will create one delivery for one order.

If it is activated then can you confirm first two orders line item details are same including your carrier.Say delivery date or route or some other criteria .It seems all plant A121 two orders line item details are different and any way you know third order has A710 and it is different.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

The order combination is already checked. I checked the line item details and the delivery dates, routes,incoterm, etc are the same. The only thing i noticed is the carrier at the item level. Somehow the freight condition pertaining to the carrier has to be the same for the carrier being used. Carrier is not part of the delivery split criteria though.

I don't understand why the carrier would play a role since it is not part of the split critieria.

Thank you.

Joyce

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to combine the orders the data should be same .Can you maiantain same carrier in test system check is system combining the orders.It seems carrier playing a role here to split delivery.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I checked the orders and they have the same carrier at item level for the plant in test system. Other plants would have different carrerir. The carrier at header level is different for the plant in questions.

Though the carrier are the same for the plant in questions, it seems if the freight condition is not using the same carrier, it might cause a split. This is strange.

THe orders are to be combined. What date should be the same ? Are these the data for delivery split ?

thanks

Joyce

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two orders for combination ,customer should hve order combination active,sold to part ,ship to party ,po number ,route delivery date and you said for item & header level also should be same carrier.If you want to combine orders the data should be same except qty material and other data should be same.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your reply. Was unable to provide points to you.

thanks

Joyce