cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic condition in EasyDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a custom characteristic that classify documents by importance.

For example, if the user creates a document with low importace, at the characteristic field he enters "LOW", and if it is important doc he enters "HIGH".

In SAP gui, every time that a user creates a document with "HIGH" value, he must give authorizations for the doc. If not, he is getting a message and he can't save the doc.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in EasyDMS (the user can save the doc without the authorizations) because the function that does it is transaction based.

How can I do it so it will work in easyDMS?

Should I do it in c++ code?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

EasyDMS doesnot check object dependies, so to achive this you might need to check some BADI which is called when you create or save document... check document_main01

Regards

Surjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In document Main 01 you can only get the standard document data. characteristics don't show there.

Until now we where using the session memory to do it, but it doen't work on easyDMS (there is no session).

What else can I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

easydms creation is a 2 step process

doc creation using bapi_documnet_create2 and then acl assignment CVAUTH_RFC_SET_INITIAL_AUTH......

you need to find a way to check if acl assignment is called when doc is created with high characteristics...

other way could be...

Triger an event after document creation....check for characteristics and then explicitly set authorizations in the execution of this event....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. I'll give it a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I can't do it because in one folder there can be several types of documents ("LOW", "MEDIUM" and "HIGH").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eitham,

In Easy DMS you need auhtorizations based on folders. So restrict the user from accessing the perticular folder and then he will not be able to access it. This is only one solution for this. I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra