Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Recommended User Interface for Managers

jonlarruzea
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using some Solution Manager scenarios (monitoring, project management, etc.). Technical users (IT, functional) make use of the Work Centers from within the Sapgui (they already have previous SAP knowledge).

Now, we want to give access to our manager staff to the monitoring info (Service Level Reporting, Business Process monitoring etc.) and we don't find Sapgui intuitive enough for our manager staff. Which one is the recommended user interface for this kind of users who don't have a previous experience with SAP? Future seems to be the new SAP Business Client, is this a possibility for the Solution Manager workcenters? Or the only way is to give web access to the workcenters transaction?

Thanks in advance,

Jon Larrucea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

All depends on that what you want to show your managers. Some parts in the work center works with SAPGUI only, e.g. create or maintain project.

I recommend to use the My Home work center with browser access (IE, Firefox). There it is possible to customize what the users should see and the user itself can also customize something. You can check in the reports for quick access and all is accessible with a browser. Perhaps you can play a little bit with the My Home work center.

All the different UI's (SAPGUI, WebDynpro, BSP, ...) should run within the Business Client. I'am not an expert here.

Best regards,

Veit.

jonlarruzea
Explorer
0 Kudos

Bump

What is the recommended access to solution manager monitoring scenario for manager users?

- Create a link in another Enterprise Portal to the work centers (AGS_WORKCENTER)

- Use the new SAP Netweaver Business Client

- Any other alternative?

Any experience/idea with this issue?

Thanks again!