cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUS Purchase Order Confirmation notification (or alert) is possible ?

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We work on a SRM 5 release with a classic scenario.

We use the EBP-SUS supplier collaboration scenario (clients are different for SRM and SUS).

The purchasing document flow is describe below:

1- SRM Shopping Cart

2- R/3 Purchase Request (then, SRM SC history is updated with the PR number)

3- R/3 Purchase Order (then, an IDoc is sent to XI which generates a XML document sent to EBP-SUS in order to create the corresponding sales order - SRM SC history is updated with the PO number).

4- Then, supplier can confirm or reject the PO received. So, the SUS Purchase Order Confirmation is generated and sent back to R/3 ( via XI)

5- R/3 PO is updated with the posted PO confirmation (you can see the confirmation control key AB in the 'Confirmation' tab of the PO item concerned).

My request is to send a notification to the requester's mail client in order to inform him that supplier confirmed or rejected the PO.

I noticed that notification receivers definition is possible in SPRO, but only for "Process Purchase Order Response". I guess this notification is for BUS2209 (SRM POR) and not for BUS2232 (PO confirmation for SUS).

That's why i cannot use it: can anyone confirm this ?

As alternative, i tried to use alert management in SPRO (in the SUS client) for BUS2232 with sub-category of event SRM_SUS_PO_CONF in ALRTCATDEF transaction for SRM Alerts, but it does not work (even if i schedule report RSALERTPROC ).

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding my customizing ?

Finally, when PO confirmation is posted in R/3 (step 5 seen above), the SRM SC history is not updated with the PO confirmation number: is this the standard way ?

If yes and that the described notification (alert) customizing i indicated above are not possible, does it seem i will have to develop a specific notification process in R/3 when R/3 PO is updated with its PO confirmation coming from SRM-SUS ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

We are having the similar scenario. As far as i know there is no standard way of sending email notification to purchaser as soon as the PO order response is updated in ERP PO.

What we have done is that we have made some development in tcode ME2A to include PO rejection. PO rejection is identified as REJ-xxxxxxxxxx (SUS PO document no.).

This report already have delivery date and PO quantity variance.

Regards,

Ashish

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As i did not manage to send my e-mail notification with SRM alert, i implemented method BBP_DOC_SAVE from SRM BAdI BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI with filter on objet type BUS2232.

Inside this method, i look for all data i need to create mail subject and body.

Then, i use function module BBP_SUS_EMAIL_SEND to send my e-mail to the SAPconnect.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great laurent. utilising the badi very well.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

Looks like your intent is to notify the Shopping Cart requestor about the PO response that happens in the Back end system!

This looks strange but then it is really required if you have a common buyer in SRM and MM.

The following approach can be adopted:

1.Purchase Oder Response Message can be pulled out of the XI thro a technical routing into the SRM which will post the Purchase Oder response in the SRM ( SRM PO will be updated)..There could be some issues with the variance POR and the status of the POR but that can be handled..

I am unsure of the Alert Management.. but I heard there should be a way for that also..

You can raise an OSS Message for the same pls.

Regards,

Nagarajan

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan,

>

(...)

> Looks like your intent is to notify the Shopping Cart requestor about the PO response that happens in the Back end system!

> This looks strange but then it is really required if you have a common buyer in SRM and MM.

>(...)

Requester being the initiator of purchasing document flow, custumer request is to alert him about supplier POR.

If i send my notification from R/3, i will get Requester name at R/3 PO item. Then, by a RFC call to SRM, i will get his data to generate my e-mail.

>

(...)

> The following approach can be adopted:

> 1.Purchase Oder Response Message can be pulled out of the XI thro a technical routing into the SRM which will post the Purchase Oder response in the SRM ( SRM PO will be updated)..There could be some issues with the variance POR and the status of the POR but that can be handled..

>(...)

I cannot do this: PO does not exist in SRM as we are in classic scenario.

>

(...)

> I am unsure of the Alert Management.. but I heard there should be a way for that also..

> (...)

I carry on checking this solution

>

(...)

> You can raise an OSS Message for the same pls.

>(...)

Don't have time for this and SAP will answer that this is consulting and not support

I will also verify if i can find a BAdI dedicated to SUS Purchase Order Response and use it to generate my e-mail from SUS client (or maybe some enhancements).

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi laurANT

7. Purchaser as sender of the notification e-mail for purchase orders:

Scenario: All scenarios.

Function: Instead of the administrator user that is defined in SUS, the purchaser who is responsible for a purchase order is specified as the sender of the notification e-mail that is sent to the customers.

Note 1028264 - Consulting solution: Additional function for SRM-SUS

Our contact people in Consulting will provide you with further information (see below):

Verena Kahnert

Verena.Kahnert ATsap.com

SAP Consulting

Purchasing Solutions / SRM

SAP Deutschland AG & Co. KG

Hasso-Plattner-Ring 7

D-69190 Walldorf

=========================================================================================

Note 1325867 - Alerts with empty order number

====================================================

Note 1154848 - Alerts contain sales order number instead of PO number

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

laurant :- for you it is very easy since you knew technical very well

venture this FM

BBP_SUS_NOTIFICATION_SEND

i believe you can massage this above std fm and do wahtever you want to throw..

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Laureant

i can answer your last question only.

-

laurent:-

Finally, when PO confirmation is posted in R/3 (step 5 seen above), the SRM SC history is not updated with the PO confirmation number: is this the standard way ?

Muthu:- Unfortuntaely there is no Object link exist for your your sc and CONFIRMATION COMING from SUS.

for eg. you do good recipt in ECC and this info reaches SRM but you are doing confirmation PO from SUS.

if you do confirmation , you must get status update by clean job but not for sus confirmation.

-

And check up with Khan on SUS .

because here you went on reversal side

ECS - procureemnt but Procurement follow on process MM-SUS ?

thanks for sharing .

Khan/ DInesh powale/ nagaraj / Devi Swain :- can you share your thoughts?

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please contact him for SUS supports /Queries as mentioned in the SAP Note 700350

Dr. Dirk Schirrmeister

SAP Consulting Deutschland

PU Purchasing Solutions/ SRM

SAP Deutschland AG & Co. KG

Hasso-Plattner-Ring 7

69190 Walldorf

E-mail: dirk.schirrmeister at sap.com

SAP Note 700350 - Supplier Enablement: Deployment

Scenarios integrating SUS

check with SAP Dirik too.

since you change the process on deployment scenario

Muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muthuraman,

Thank you for informations.

I will check OSS note.

Just for precision, i made a mistake concerning the supplier collaboration scenario: it is a MM-SUS AND NOT a SRM-SUS as PO is created is MM.

Moreover, when i am talking about PO confirmation (from supplier point of view), in fact it deals with Purchase Order Response - BUS2232 - (i made a mix/confusion due to my scenario error) and not about Advance Shipping Notification (equivalent to Confirmation in the SRM-SUS scenario).

So, to summarize, when supplier send its Purchase Order Reponse i need to notify by mail the PO requester, either with customizing is SUS client (clients are separated for purchasing application - EBP - and Supplier Application - SUS), or if no customizing is possible for my request, in R/3 when PO is updated with the supplier POR (confirmation control key 'AB' for R/3 PO item concerned).

Regards.

Laurent.