cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring inbound email into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 5.0 ( NW 2004s ) system. One of the SUS scenarios requires that SAP receive inbound email from suppliers.

We have successfully configured outbound email using sendmail in unix and eventual relay from exchange servers.

However for inbound, we are running into problems because the exchange admins are not able to setup the correct routes into our WAS system on port 25130 ( defined by us as per OSS note 455140). As per our understanding, the Exchange team is "relaying" the mail on a different port to our system. However, it's being processed as mail, and our SAP system is not configured as a mail exchange server (MX record in DNS). Consequently, it can't be delivered. We don't want to create a child email domain unless this is the only option available.

Has any other customers been successful configuring this to simply redirect the mail to another hostname or IP address (and different port) but not use the standard mail utilities which invoke DNS to determine the MX record for the email domain?

Also where can we check logs inside of SAP to show that emails were sent / received from sendmail / exchange server? That way if the exchange team says they are routing correctly, we can independently verify that from SAP logs.

I have looked at a lot of OSS notes / SDN messages, but none of them went into detail about the Exchange route configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Sanket

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have already provided the answer which will resolve inbound mail to SAP. Please close the thread.

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the following notes which will resolve your problem:

If the above notes doesn't solve your problem please let me know further.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanket,

Were you able to solve the issue? We too wanted to configure inbound for SRM 7.0 with exchange server 2010. Please shed some light on the issue, so that it would help us moving forward .

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to configure your exchange (create a rule) so that mails from a certain sender is forwarded to another mail host (= your SAP system) to an email recepient.

Check

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351134.aspx

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Please provide me the detail if you have configured and worked successfully in your landscape.

regards

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured inbound on our system for EIC ( Employee Interaction Center). We use Lotus Notes mailing system. Inbound email from outside will come to Lotus Notes first. We have created distribution list for inbound email and the member is id@sapsystemmail. Our load balancer is configured in such a way that whenever request come with sapsystememail.com, it will forward to respective sap system with port number 25XXX.

Then our application workflow will take care of processing the email.

Hope this help to figure out your scenario.

Thanks!

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have similar Requirement and i Have few Questions.

Ho do  you created the email in SAP to receive email.

I want to send this  email to user Inbox in SAP.

Please update.

Thanks.

Uma