cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV refresh from production and Version management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are planning to refresh our DEV system from PRD and need some information on Version management.

We have gone through the note 130906 to export the versions, but we have some requests that are in Modifiable status in the DEV system and we do not want to move these to PRD. Please let me know what is the best option to retain the Version information for objects in these transport requests.

1. Do we delete the Modifiable transport requests and will the deletion restore the version to the previous one?

2. Should we just release all the requests in DEV but do not transport it to QAS or PRD?

If there is any other option please suggest. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest that you follow your point number 2:

- Release the requests in DEV.

- export the versions

Remember to remove the requests from the QAS and (if applicable) PRD-queue.

The, after the refresh you can re-import the requests into DEV again.

You need to use the option "Import Request again".

After this you will be able to create a brand new request and copy all objects from the old one into the new one.

Thus, con

Please remember to save the values of table E070L before you shut the DEV system down.

Then restore those values after the system copy (and setup of SE06 + STMS), otherwise you will start the request counter from the beginning again and that will cause big problems afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas,

Thanks for your reply, We have exported the version information before the refresh and will import it now(after the refresh). Regarding E070 table, we have exported the values to a spreadsheet before the upgrade. Can you tell me which values and how do I restore the E070 table values.

A quick response is highly appreciated as we are on a time crunch..

Thanks & Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo Deepak,

You can simply change the data using a sql-command. How to get there depends on you database engine.

(The <schema> depends on your SAP-release. In the old days it's could for example be SAPR3)

In Oracle you logon to the server as ora<sid> and execute the following:

sqlplus /nolog

connect / as sysdba

update <schema>.E070L set TRKORR='old_value' where LASTNUM='TRKORR';

commit:

exit;

In SQL-server you start the SQL Management Studio and click on "New Query".

use <SID>

go

setuser '<sid>'

go

update E070L set TRKORR='old_value' where LASTNUM='TRKORR'.

then press F5 to execute the query.

Answers (0)