Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to include system in transport domain thru STMS

Santanu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to include my production system into transport domain. When trying to approve the system in domain controller getting RFC error.

The problem I found is that the RFC is generating automatically for the production system is not having the system no. The field system no is blank whether it should be 12.

I m trying to reconfigure the transport domain. Earlier it was working fine but due to some problem TMS configuration deleted manually and now trying to reconfigure the same. Our domain controller is the DEV system. QA system added sucessfully but facing the error when trying to add PRD system.

Please help.

Regards

Santanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Disable all the password parameters in your Production system (If enabled)

2) Delete all the Production profiles (transport) from /usr/sap/trans/bin

3) Move all the contents from /usr/sap/trans/tmp to other location

4) Delete the TMS configuration in PRO

5) Delete the system entry from Domain controller

6) Delete TMS related RFCs (Only production entries in all systems)

7) Add the production into transport domain

😎 Approve system in Domain controller

9) Adjust and distribute the configuration

10) Enable the password parameters

Regards,

Nick Loy

Santanu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exact error is as follows when trying to include the system in DOMAIN

RFC communications error with system/destination DOM_CTL

Message no. XT101

Diagnosis

An RFC error occurred in the TMS communications layer.

Target system: DOM_CTL.(000)

Function: TMS_CFG_CREATE_A2D_REQUEST

RFC message: Error when opening an RFC connection

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

Correct the error and execute the command again.

Edited by: Santanu Haoladar on Mar 6, 2010 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

When you add any systems to STMS..It will create RFC connections to domain controller..Please check those RFCs whether they are working or not.

Correct if any errors in RFC connections and then add the system again.It will work.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Santanu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for your response.

The RFC s are not working. But this RFCs are automatically generated and not editable i think.

how to correct the error. I have a feeling that if I can edit the system no in the RFCs, which is blank right now

it will work.

Please help , how to edit those automatically generated RFCs.

Regards

Santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

You cannot edit the RFCs directly.

Goto STMS -> Systems -> Double click on the system which you are trying to add. Then click on Communication tab. In this tab you can enter the RFC info which will be reflected in corresponding RFCs.

Cheers....,

Raghu

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

delete TMSADM@<Target SID>.DOMAIN_<TDC_SID> and TMSSUP@<Target SID>.DOMAIN_<TDC_SID>in both the systems. and then STMS->System Overview --- Select The complained System -->Extra -> Generate RFC Destinations.

Here "Target SID " is the SID of the system for which you are getting RFC error.

Alternatively you can delete TMS configurations in that complained system and re-configure it from the scratch (Include and approve again).

Also ensure that the servers are having sapgw00 3200 entry in /etc/services file in System Landscape.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem but in my both system sapgw is 3300 instead of 3200 as per you

please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem but in my both system sapgw00 is 3300 instead of 3200 as per you

please clarify