Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is regarding a requirement in our company.

I would brief you, so that the requirement is clear. We have 2 customer X & Y and we have despatch to same material to both the customers.

Material available= 100 tons

When Sales order is created with customer X for 75 tons, the material gets attached to the sales document and the same is displayed in the schedule line of the document.

Now Iam creating another Sales order with customer Y for 75 tons and in the schedule line category it is showing only 25 tons.

If I have to despatch the material to customer Y FIRST, then the system is allowing only 25 tons for despatching. So everytime i have to change the order qty for customer X to 25 tonnes and change the schedule line of Customer Y manually to ensure the system allows despatching.

Kindly tell me what setting needs to be done so that despatch happens automatically.

Thanks in advance

Sivarajesh. J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check from the material master what availability check is maintained. Next go to OVZ9, select A with the combination of availability check whatever is flowing in material master.

There untick the box "Include sales reqmts". This should solve your issue. That is irrespective of sale order creation date, if the stock is available on a given day, you can generate delivery against the last created order also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

Thanks a lot..Now the issue is resoved..

Also Please guide me how to do configuration for telecom sector i.e airtime billing. For which still no one has answered me.

Amit.. Thanks a lot man

Rgds,

Sivarajesh. J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all i would like to say that your client is not having proper sales planning process... One thing is clear that you cannot dispatch qty more than available. You can suggest to discontinue availability check by maintaining availability check as KP in the MRP3 tab of material master.

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Do you mean to say " No planning " should be maintained in MRP. Iam asking this question cos we dont have KP as a provision and we have "ND" instead.

Also its a known fact that we cannot despatch more than the available qty. I will explain my requirement again. The materials gets attached to the sales order even if it is not despatched. so it has to be done in such a way that despatch can be done for the available materials.

THanks

Edited by: Sivarajesh. J on Mar 6, 2010 7:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about availability check to be set as KP in the material master. ND you have mentioned is MRP type.