cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting and stopping SAP J2EE Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have downloaded and installed trial version of SAP Web Application Server (SAP Web AS) Java 6.40 for Microsoft Windows XP.

I wanted to launch SAP J2EE Engine and Software Deployment Manager (SDM) to run my web dynpro application. The Netweaver Developer studio getting started guide has a link for starting and stopping the SAP J2EE Engine but its not working for me. I get an error with the link.

Is it possible for someone to let me know how to launch J2EE engine and SDM. Also what server settings I need to make in the menu path Window -> Preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Mandar,

you also have the possibility to auto-start the J2EE-Engine when Windows is bootet:

Navigate to folder C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile where <SID> is the J2EE's system IDE (J2E by default).

Open the files START_JC... and START_SCS... with a text

editor, and change the entry

Autostart = 0

to

Autostart = 1

in both files.

Best regards Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo,

Yes, I was running it on a very low MB ram, I guess thats the reason I was having problems. Once I upgraded the RAM, it seems to be working fine.

Thanks once again for your help.

regards,

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo and Thomas,

Thanks for your help, It works fine. For some reason after starting my J2EE server, when I start my Netweaver developer studio, it gives the following error

JVM Terminated Exit code=1

c:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\javaw.exe

-Xmx512m

-Xms128m

-XX:PermSize=128m

DallUserDir='C:\Documents and Setting\All users\Application Data'

-cp C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\SAPStartup.jar com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main

-os win32

-ws win32

-arch x86

-feature com.sap.java.ide

-showsplash C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\SAPIde.exe -showsplash 600

Any idea why I get this error and how to fix it. My Netweaver Developer studio did startup few times and I did write some code in it. But now when I try to start NDS, I get the above error.

Any help will be appreciated.

regards,

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

how much RAM do you have on your PC? This error could occur if memory is insufficient. To run both J2EE Engine and Developer Studio it is good to have 1Gb RAM (at least).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar

I came up against this problem,too.

It happened when I am create a model in web dynpro,everything went ok before I click the "Finish" button.The SAP NetWeaver shut down and that error appeared.I tried several times,but still the same.What's more, my RAM is 1Gb. I was confused.Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

to start the J2EE Engine and SDM use the SAP Management Console. Go to Start -> Programs -> SAP Management Console. Under Console Root -> SAP Systems is you Web AS Java system. Right click on it and choose Start to get it started (you need to wait a few minutes till system starts completely!)

Then, under Window -> Preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine in the Developer Studio choose SAP J2EE Engine is installed on remote host. Enter the host name in Message Server Host (if it is on local machine, enter localhost) and Message server port (which is 3601 by default).

Now, you shoyld be able to see J2EE Engine and SDM running in the J2EE Engine pane in the Developer Studio.

Hope that helps.