cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to configure db2e in a mi client .cab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our customer has a MI Client installer (CAB) customized and he has requested to put DB2e in it.

I guess I´m in the right way, put i´m facing a problem. When the MI initialize, the DB2e standard tables aren´t created. It seems that some DB2e script isn´t being executed and I don´t have any error in JSCPOUT.txt.

I installed a SAP MI Client standard, upload the DB2e add-on and then I copied and pasted some archieves that in my opinion must be in the customized package. The DB2e structure that I configured is:

- MIlibdb2ejdbc.jar

- "MIlibdb2ejdbc.jar;" into creme_listOfJars.txt and listOfJars.txt

- binagent.dll, MIDEVPROF.dll, NATSTART.DLL, ppcsetup.dll

- binciCIParams.properties, binciMICI.jar, binciNATUTILS.DLL

- MobileConfig Parameters:

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.TransactionManager=com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceManagerImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.PersistenceManager=com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceManagerImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.DescriptorRuntime=com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBDescriptorRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.PersistenceRuntime=com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.QueryRuntime=com.sap.ip.me.persist.core.QueryRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation=DB2E

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbManagerClass=com.sap.ip.me.persist.db2e.IBMDB2eManager

MobileEngine.Persist.Encryption=false

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.Driver=com.ibm.db2e.jdbc.DB2eDriver

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbUrl=jdbc:db2e:%d

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbName=db2e

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.Db2.Dll=DB2e,DB2eJDBC,CryptoPlugin

MI.ClientInstaller.SuppressUserInteraction=false

Has anyone an idea or tip to solve it?

Thanks.

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familar with customized CAB installer

I do use MI 7.1 and we use the Create Setup Package feature and it is similar to creating a customized CAB

it packages DB2e, wince_runtime, eswt, custom developed application and initial data load and whatever customized settings file and Agent properties so once executed, all you need to do is create user and you can start using the developed application

You could try to run the Db2e cab stand-alone on fresh device and see what it installs in the MI folder, from there you will know what to include as an SCA Addon

just an idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

In your case, Setup Package is useful in MI 7.1, because DB2e isn´t used as ADD-ON... The MI newer version works a little bit different from 7.0....

I did what you said before... I have some problems and I solved them installing a fresh client to compare and copy some archieves from there....

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bruno Ambrio

try to do the following :

- uninstall the MI from the mobile

- delete the MI folder

- restart the Mobile device

- install the MI again

- restart the mobile device

- make the first synchronization

- assign the DB2E as a mobile component to the mobile device

- do synchronization again

if you got any problems ... tell me which version of MI and Db2e are you using ?

hope it may helps

Ahmed Saber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your attention, but this is the standard process to install DB2e on MI Client.

My customer wants to customize this process, putting the DB2e in the MI Client and after that generating a .CAB with this customization.

Thanks.

Bruno