cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP and ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From our ABAP 6.0 system, we want to use LDAP as datasource.

All we want to do is use LDAP for user authentication from an ABAP system. Is it possible?

User should be able to login to an ABAP system with his/her ldap userid and password.

Any help?

-MLS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad. Yes, we are on ECC 6.0.

We do not want to synchronize any data between LDAP and ABAP.

We already configured the LDAP connector.

All we want is when the user logs in to our ECC system using SAP GUI, they should be able to use their user id and password from LDAP.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

I think you meant to deploy GUI SSO for AD domain users without typing ID/password to access SAP as long as they already log on their PC with AD domain ID.

If your SAP instances run on windows hosts, then it's much easier to make it happen by just a few steps: find necessary crypto library in SWDC and load it, define parameters to activate SNC for AS ABAP, configure SNC tag in SU01 and logon pad. Here's the help link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/0d/482bb8013243f1b6e2439091e3022f/content.htm

But if your SAP runs on UNIX type host, you'll have to customize and generate AD kerberos library and load it by parameter snc/gssapi_lib, and it's OS dependent.

Please refer to thread where this topic has been detailed discussed.

Regards,

Effan

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxmi,

Please read the FAQ note(793191) Anandh posted, specifically points 5 and 9.

It answers your question.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmi,

What is ABAP 6 System? Do you mean ECC 6 system? If yes then you configure LDAP for UME. Check the below notes for more details

188371 Configuring the LDAP Connector

793191 FAQ: User master synchronization with LDAP directories

512230 Notes for using the LDAP transaction

Regards,

Anand