SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House bank selection while running payment run( FPY1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to post a payment run (FPY1) for open payables in FS-CD. There is an option to either manually enter the house bank details from which payment is to be made or that can be pre configured using the "maintain bank selection" criteria. Is it possible for the program to take the house bank details from the contract account (own bank details field.)

Kindly let me know your thoughts

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Own Bank Details house bank will not be picked up.You have to maintain "Bank Selection" in Incoming/Outgoing Payment creation".

Thanks,

Banasri Mitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know you cannot link the bank selection directly to your contract account. If you want to differentiate between house banks for certain contract accounts you could use different number ranges for your different contract accounts or another way to differentiate between your contract accounts and set up different mass runs for each type. This is a simple but effective way to use different house banks for different groups of contracts.

Regards,

Arnoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The "own bank details" entered in the contract account is used when the own bank is one of the banks defined in the Bank selection for payment program. You will observe this by giving a lower rank for the house bank/account id entered in the contract account.

If you don't include the 'Own bank' as one of the banks but maintain any other house bank/Account id for the same payment method it will not make the payment. In this case the log will show that the 'own bank' does not exist in the bank selection.

I hope this issue is clear

Regards

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi,

The Payment Run evaluates Own bank details regardless of the indication of the Payment Method .

You can use T.code FQP4 for controlling the bank selection.

However, you can override this logic at event 0650.

EVENT 0650:Payment Select House Bank and account