cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT - track undelivered emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have configured SCOT to send out emails to external users. Is there a way to track undelivered emails? The status messages in SOST shows the message that email could not be delivered. But is it possible to route all these emails to some specified mailbox within SAP?

The other option we are looking at - is to programetically read status messages for the outbound emails via an ABAP report. Has anybody tried that before?

Regards,

Munish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Munish,

There is an option of confirmation of reciept in which you recieve a delivery note for each mail.

SCOT -> Setting -> Confirmation of Reciept -> SAPConnect expects reciept confirmations for Internet mail

Try this, if it helps.

Best Regards,

Anuj Nigam

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But is it possible to route all these emails to some specified mailbox within SAP?

I don't think that possible, at least with the standard code.

is to programetically read status messages for the outbound emails via an ABAP report. Has anybody tried that before?

Not me, but have you looked into CCMS?, Maybe an alert will be handy for you.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan!

I was just wondering that there should be some standard practice/functionality for handiling such bounced emails. Is not so? What is the general practice for handling such emails?

Regards,

Munish

0 Kudos

Hi,

The user that sent the original mail will be able to resend the failed mail in SOSB. If a program sent the mail then you might not be aware of a failure. In this case you will have to use SOST.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Munish,

Try checkin in SOST transaction ....... where you can see undelivered mails