Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability reporting or EWA availbilty data

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need some information about the availabitliy report of a system, urgently. In my EWA report , the availability of a particular system is showing as 40%, but my system was not down. I do understand the availabilty report calculates the availability of the work process at a particular time and based on that data, the % of availabiliy is calculated.

Now what I want is:

1. Is there any document or SAP links which speaks about how the availability of a system is calculated, so that I can show that to my customer and inform them that this does not mean system was down for any time.

2. Is there any way to calculate the real availability of my system; not calcuating the % of availability of the work process. The availability should reflect the up time of the system and down time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear all,

> I need some information about the availabitliy report of a system, urgently. In my EWA report , the availability of a particular system is showing as 40%, but my system was not down. I do understand the availabilty report calculates the availability of the work process at a particular time and based on that data, the % of availabiliy is calculated.

System availability in EWA is based on availability of entries in OS Collectors log, which are created every hour.

Actually, you should not use this not very precise indicator to check contract fulfillment.

CCMSPing based system availability monitoring provide accurate and precise data.

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

And...if I'm not wrong, Availability reporting in SL reporting is based on CCMSPING/GRMG.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check it in the SL reporting part?

There you can maintain the time table for system availability and scheeduled downtimes for reporting.

Hope that will suffice your requirement.

Regards,

Bhaskar