cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent changes in a condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement so as in the pricing procedure not to be able to change the condition type

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear.

Unless the production server is open, one cannot change the pricing procedure as otherwise, in normal circumstances, it cannot be changed by anybody. Only authorised person can change.

If this has not addressed your requirement, please spell out clearly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is my mistake, I have clarified my question correctly.

My requirement is to make the appropriate customizing in the pricing procedure so:

When a quotation is being copied to sales order, one of the condition types not to be able to be modified by any user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stilianos,

Go to T-code V/06 --> Select your condition type --> Click at Details (Icon with lens) --> In the column "Changes which can be made" --> In the feild "Manual entries" --> Choose the option D - Not possible to process manually

So nobody can change the condition type manually in order.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to clarify my requirement a bit more

Quotation:

Price of material from vendor price list: 100Euro

Discount taken from vendor: 10% 10 Euro

Final price from vendor 90

Profit for our company 20% 18 Euro

Final Price given to customer 108 (this price is given to customer )

Suggesting that customer accepts the quotation so the quotation is copied to sales order. At this point for any reason we might get a better discount from the vendor so the pricing procedure will change

Price of material from vendor price list: 100Euro

Discount taken from vendor(at quotation level): 10% 10 Euro

Discount taken from vendor (at sales order level): 15% 15Euro

Final price from vendor (at quotation) 90

Final price from vendor (at sales order) 85

Profit for our company 20% 18 Euro

Final Price given to customer 108 (this price is given to customer )

At the point of sales order I want to secure that the final price given to customer will not change (108 Euro). If for any reason I get a better discount from vendor then I can apply a higher profit margin. Though any profit margin given should not end up to exceed the final price above or below 108 Euro

How can I apply this in pricing procedure? Can anyone suggest something and help me.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the condition madatory and make sure that the condition record exists for this item. And on top of that in the condtion type maintenance screen "V/06" , enter not possible to process manually in Manual entires check box in changes which can be made tab. This should work. Apart from this in copy controls "VTAA" between "QT" and "OR" Maintain pricing type as "D"-- Copy pricing elements unchanged. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make the additional discount that you get during sales order processing as "Statistical" in your pricing procedure and assign a subtotal to it , which you can refer for your accounting purpose.

Please follow the earlier posts for the copy control settings.

Regarding which pricing type to be used in the copy controls, pls check the Note 24832 - Pricing rules / TVCPF for clarity.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Make Price Elemnet not changable in COPY CONTROL between QT to OR by following way.

Use Tcode: VTAA and select QT and OR combination and click on Iten and select the ITEM CAT. (AGN)

you are using and maintain Price Type as D.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that in the pricing procedure at the time of sales order, I should make some modifications so as not to be able to change the final price that was given to the customer. The conditions are copied just like I want but if for any reason the discount is modified the final price to customer is modified as well. Though, I have agreed to a different price with the customer.

Since in between I have another condition type (profit margin) the + or - due to the change of the discount can be included to this condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the quirement is:

At Quotation:

10.Price of material from vendor price list: 100Euro

20.Discount taken from vendor(at quotation level): 10% 10 Euro

30.Final price from vendor (at quotation) 90

40.Profit for our company 20% 18 Euro

50.Final Price given to customer 108 (this price is given to customer )

At Sales order:

20.Discount taken from vendor (at sales order level): 15% 15Euro

30.Final price from vendor (at quotation) 85

40.Profit for our company 27% 23 Euro

So what is the issue? Final price is always step 30 + step 40 which will not change.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since step 50 must be always stable (both in quotation and sales order) and since step 30 might change in quotation and sales order my requirement is at the time of sales order to claculate step 40 automatically since I will have the step 30 and the step 50 is stable.

How can I implement this in the pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At Quotation:

20.Discount taken from vendor(at quotation level): 10% 10 Euro

30.Final price from vendor (at quotation) 90 Subtotal 2

40.Profit for our company 20% 18 Euro

50.Final Price given to customer 108 (this price is given to customer ) subtotal 4.

At Sales order:

20.Discount taken from vendor (at sales order level): 15% 15Euro

30.Final price from vendor (at quotation) 85 subtotal 2

40.Profit for our company 27% 23 Euro Alt calculation type have the code check if there is a preceeding document and if yes , the document type is quoattion , if yes, then to read the quotation to get the price in 50 (subtotal 4) and do the reverse calculation to get the profit margin and to keep 50 in sales order sames as 50 in quotation.

Try this math and check if it works. Please work with yoru ABAP person to get the Alt calc type routine with the correct math.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As per my understanding he has mentioned pricing calculations for our understanding not for customer. if I'm right then it should be like this :

1.0 Quotation:

1.1 Quoted price : 108 (including profit margin and it is manual price)

1.2 May have some discounts or other pricing components (not sure, we can ignore this for solution proposal)

Requirement : Above quotation pricing elements should be copied as it is into sales order if customer accept the quotation

2.0 Sales order

2.1 All pricing components should be copied from corresponding quotation

2.2 System should not allow user to change any pricing component copied from quotation especially list price (108 USD)

2.3 There should be possibility to add additional pricing components (discounts or charges)

In that case we cannot propose to put u2018D u2013 Not possibleu2019 on manual entries field on condition type. Because they wanted to enter price manually in quotation (as per my understanding they wanted to quote different pricing different customers based on various factors).

Solution : Please check whether you can maintain different pricing procedures in quotation and sales orders (Yes you can ). If yes maintain different conditions with different settings and copy pricing.

Please let me know if it works for you or you need any further clarification .

Regards

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

I believe that what you are mentioning should work. Can you please elaborated a bit more regarding the ABAP Code to read the preceding document. I guess the ABAP Code should be maintained in the VOFM and in the alternative calculation formula. Am I write? Can you please help me with the ABAP Code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Math can be (108-85)/85 = 27%

Example of logic can be as below but you will have to work with your ABAPER to get it refined and get working. I am not that good with ABAP and cannot give you exact code.

So in the alternate calculation type read the value of sub total 4 from the preceeding document(QT) and pass it to one variable say ZSUBTOTAL 4

Z subtotal 4 = {(Zsubtotal 4 - subtotal 2) / subtotal 2 }* 100

komp-Netwr = Zsubtotal4.

Hope this helps

regards

Sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per all comments, your requirement is if final price is accepted by customer during quotation, it should not be changed. I also read it should not increase or decreased. Means you are supplying material at pre-defined price.

As per my assumption, you have defined condition type for final price and assign routine in alternate calculation to calculate final price.

Define one more routine and place them in requirement field of pricing procedure. In routine, mention if check document category of sales document. If document category is C then only this routine is applicable. and then put logic to stop processing of alternate calculation routine and copy information from quotation.

Regards,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

My take here is

1) Copy the entire quotation to sales order, in copy control (VTAA) set ups between quotation to order either use D or G for the pricing type . All prices gets copied to sales order as in quotation

2) Pricing procedure should be set up like thus

For quotation

10 Vendor price

20 Vendor discount

30 final vendor prive (10 minus 20)

40 Profit margin

50 Final customer price ( 30 plus 40)

For sales order

10 Vendor price

20 vendor discount

30 Final vendor price ( 10 minus 20)

40 Final customer price ( remains same as in quotation)

50 Profit margin ( 40 minus 30)

When ever there is a change in vendor discount, the final vendor price changes and so as profit margin. Customer selling price remains same.

Price corrections will have to hapepn only in sales order. it should not be changed in quote,