Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Display problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

i am facing a unique type of issue,

in my system i am not able to display a particular ABAP program code ,when i click on display the system hangs.

at the same time i am able to display in some other system with same userid.i am not even able to display with some other userid in my system.

i have reinstall the SAP still having the same issue,basis and security people says its personalization issue.

i m not getting Please help

Thanks and regards.

Mona

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

> in my system i am not able to display a particular ABAP program code

Does it only happen to one program but not others?

Please check in TRDIR how old the program is?

Which release are you on now?

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just guess but there is an supported way of hiding ABAP source code. Basically, you just delete source but keep compiled version in memory, so you are still able to run it. The process is described in this [blog|http://naveenvishal.wordpress.com/2009/08/08/hide-source-code/].

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both for reply,i got it fixed,actually there was one patch missing,dont know how it got missed.

but when basis updated the patch,it works fine now.

Cheers!!

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Not all information in that blog is correct, IMO.

> but there is an supported way of hiding ABAP source code

To my knowledge SAP is the inventor of this questionable mechanism but I have never seen any documentation on it nor public support of it.

In higher releases the mechanism is no longer used for SAP's own programs and the syntax check will block you from using it on new code, but existing hidden old code is what I suspected this (Mona's case) to possibly be. So I guess that means "marked for obsoleteness" ...

If you already have found the problem, you can check to see which method was used to hide the code with the following:

REPORT z_check_hidden_include_type.

DATA: source(255) OCCURS 0,
      prog(40).

SELECT name FROM trdir INTO prog where name = 'XXX'.

READ REPORT prog INTO source.

WRITE:/ sy-subrc,prog.

ENDSELECT.

Replace XXX with your program's name.

If sy-subrc = 4 then the names of subroutines have been hidden. Be carefull!!

If sy-subrc = 8 then one of the SAP mechanisms is being used. If the name is any of the following:

CL_AUNIT_PERMISSION_CONTROL===CCIMP

MEW4ZF02

MEWKEF02

SAPMSYST

SCI_UV_CHKV or

SCI_UV_EXCE

... then leave it alone, if not then break it open. Anything with a Z in it is suspect...

If sy-subrc = 12 then the editor user exit has been activated so check there.

If you suspect hidden code or want to audit for it, then you can use this adaptation of Frank Dittrich's original code to scan for it:

REPORT z_scan_for_hidden_includes.

DATA: source(255) OCCURS 0,
      prog(40).

SELECT name FROM trdir INTO prog.

READ REPORT prog INTO source.

CHECK sy-subrc NE 0.

WRITE:/ sy-subrc,prog.

ENDSELECT.

Run it in the background over night. If someone is starting to experiment with this and you want to catch it early, then also use it on your development and sandbox systems including the inactive versions.

More infos (in German only) here: http://www.abapforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Martin,

>

> Not all information in that blog is correct, IMO.

Probably, I've never had to use it. I just pasted the first link from Google search.

> > but there is an supported way of hiding ABAP source code

> To my knowledge SAP is the inventor of this questionable mechanism but I have never seen any documentation on it nor public support of it.

I wanted to write unsupported. Sorry for confusion.

Thanks for additional info.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on an OSS message I had with Development Support about the subject. We had two hidden Z programs (from a packaged solution vendor! )that weren't unicode compliant.

1) Hiding your code is reserved for SAP only, which means third party packaged solutions and SAP partners can't use it

2) You need SAP Development Support to fix it

3) SAP Development Support won't unhide code unless your company's legal department gives SAP's legal department a very good reason for doing it, as it may violate someones right to hide their intellectual property.

So, all in all, just say no kids 😛

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds reasonable...

> as it may violate someones right to hide their intellectual property.

In that case they should have documented the fact that there was inaccessible (and undocumented) coding and provide support for it in the software contract.

If they don't tell you anything and sneak it into the system without offering contractual support, then I don't see any problem with breaking it open.

Cheers,

Julius

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Based on an OSS message I had with Development Support about the subject. We had two hidden Z programs (from a packaged solution vendor! )that weren't unicode compliant.

1) Hiding your code is reserved for SAP only, which means third party packaged solutions and SAP partners can't use it

2) You need SAP Development Support to fix it

3) SAP Development Support won't unhide code unless your company's legal department gives SAP's legal department a very good reason for doing it, as it may violate someones right to hide their intellectual property.

And I'd like to add:

4) this kind of service is not covered by the support contract; it will be subject of additional (consulting) service charges

5) the entire mechanism is not safe (and thus not suitable to protect intellectual property); source code can be made visible, again

> So, all in all, just say no kids 😛

Sorry, but I was serious (not kidding).