cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR, PAT and ATT files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have installed enhancement pack on dev and i am transferring the files that are .SAR, ATT and PTT files to my local desktop and then from local desktop to the QA server .

You may say to move the files from dev server to the QA server as it is different server we are not able move and different ways to transfer files but not successfull. so i have to adapt the above option that is moving files to the desktop and then to the QA server.

My question is will transferring files from one server to the other server and installing the EHP will not lead to unncessary problems or improper installation. I want to be clear before installing. Is that okay with what i am doing.

thanks

kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed enhancement pack on dev and i am transferring the files that are .SAR, ATT and PTT files to my local desktop and then from local desktop to the QA server .

Usually the DEV, QA and PRD systems in a landscape share the same transport directory so there is no need to transport those files from DEV to QA as they should already be there from your DEV installation.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have resolved the issue my self. The servers are different. So i have to upload all the files first and to the local server and then again upload to a different server.

thnaks

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The servers are different

Can you elaborate more about such difference ?

H/W info ?

OS info ?

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

will transferring files from one server to the other server 
and installing the EHP will not lead to unncessary problems

You can use ftp command to transfer all required files with extension *SAR, *ATT *.PAT files in binary mode from that One server to another server, into system directory /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am already using FTP like Putty, Filzila etc, to transfer the files, if i transfer the files and install the EHP will it cause any issues.

thanks,

kris

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transfer it using FTP in binary mode. It will not cause any problem.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

FTP is the better way of copying files in binary mode.

But if it is possible try to copy files from one server to another server that will be the best always.

or else if you have any other system which is having the same OS copy all the file to that and then from there transfer to the QA server.

Thanks,

Chaitanya