cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling when using RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How are errors handling with RFCs? For eg, I have a RFC receiver scenario. Now if an error occurs in the receiving system while posting data, how will XI know of the error. Can XI handle such errors? Or will the recieving application systems have to handle these errors?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niki

If you have a receiver RFC scenario and if has any errors it shows us in SXMB_MONI. Even you can find in Adapter monitoring for RFC Adapters. Also we have other tools like Message display tool or the visual administrator where we can find the erros for this. I hope this is what you are looking at?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I guess my question is - From XI point of view, the message processing will be fine..but the RFC will fail to do its job in rx system because of some application changes. What is the solution then?

thanks,

Niki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

<i>Now if an error occurs in the receiving system while posting data, how will XI know of the error. Can XI handle such errors? Or will the recieving application systems have to handle these errors?</i>

>>Yes, you can handle it with the help of Synchrnous RFC communication. Also you can make use of Alert etc .

Once the message is reached to RFC in Application system it will try to post the data. If any error is there, RFC should throw Exception and that (thrown exception) you can handle it in XI..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Couple of questions,

>><i>If any error is there, RFC should throw Exception and that (thrown exception) you can handle it in XI..</i>

Do you mean that the exception will be the response msg part of the RFC?

What if my sender is async? Can I still do async sender to sync RFC (Req mes will post the data, and response msg will throw the exception) without using BPM?

Is there a way to reprocess the rfc from XI once the error is fixed?

thanks a ton,

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niki

Debugging RFC Calls from XI is definitely possible. Go through this url which tells you how to do this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/17/xi-debugging-rfc-calls-from-the-xi-not-possible-who-said-that-

Can you go through this urls which gives you some idea about how to handle this type of erros in XI:

Regards,

---Satish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

Do you mean that the exception will be the response msg part of the RFC?</i>

>yes

<i>What if my sender is async? Can I still do async sender to sync RFC (Req mes will post the data, and response msg will throw the exception) without using BPM?</i>

>>No, Without using BPM it is not possible if your sender is async.

If you want adapter level Error handling, you can configure Alert for the Adapters. But it is not based on the data posting or anything.

<i>Is there a way to reprocess the rfc from XI once the error is fixed?</i>

>>>What type of Errors talking about ? Depends on that..You can try some of the options in the BPM

Regards,

Moorthy