cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on receiving mail from Outlook to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

We have configured SCOT in our system and its working fine while sending mails SAP id to SAP id, SAP id to External id and also if I send a mail from SAP Id to SAP Id it will have a copy at outlook box also.

But our issue was if I reply for the mail from outlook it will reach to outlook and not to SAP id. Could anyone guide me on this.

I tried with this settings mentioned in the below thread. But I didn't receive any message on SAP inbox.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher

Kindly helpme on this.

regards,

Guna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to receive mails sent from Outlook in a SAP system, you have to configure the company mail server (Microsoft Exchange for example) to recognize a specific email address and to send the mails sent to this address to the SAP server SMTP port.

Go and talk with your company mail server team.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We talk with that team, they doesn't have idea on this, could suggest me what has to be done. They expecting from sap to do this. We don't have option.

Kindly suggest.

regards,

Guna

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have a different addresse in the SAP system than in your outlook, otherwise Exchange won't forward the mail to the SAP system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't understand what you mentioned in the thread. Could you please explain in detail.

regards,

Guna

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I mean is that your sender addresse in the SAP system (in SU01) must be different to the one in Exchange. If this is identical, where should the system know that it should send a copy?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You're rite.

But our requirement was, if I send a mail from sap user id (tester1) to sap user id (tester2) and a copy of mail should have in outlook inbox of tester2. Until this step everything working fine. If I reply for that mail from outlook (tester2) means mails coming back to tester1 outlook mail box but not to sap inbox of tester1. Do we need anything as to be mentioned in exchange server to send that mails from outlook id (tester1) to sap user id (tester1).

What we did was, in SU01 we mentioned the mail address as tester1ATmycompany.com for tester1 user id same for tester2 and also we configured SO36 for forwarding the mail. For sending mails from sap user id to external user id, we made a entry in exchange server, in receiver connector included the IP address of sap server. After this sending external mails also working fine.

To receive mails from external user id to sap user id, do we need any entries or settings in exchange server. If we needed means, what could be done there.

Kindly suggest.

regards,

Guna

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But our requirement was, if I send a mail from sap user id (tester1) to sap user id (tester2) and a copy of mail should have in outlook inbox of tester2. Until this step everything working fine. If I reply for that mail from outlook (tester2) means mails coming back to tester1 outlook mail box but not to sap inbox of tester1. Do we need anything as to be mentioned in exchange server to send that mails from outlook id (tester1) to sap user id (tester1).

So that means you want to have the mail twice - once in Outlook and once in SAP?

You'll have to configure an Exchange route to send all incoming mails as a copy also to the SAP system.Consult your exchange documentation how to do this.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Do you have any idea, what routing settings has to be done in exchange server. Our exchange admin asking the same. What kind of settings has to be done SAP.

regards,

Guna

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to update the routing in the exchange server would be to give your SAP system a unique domain name. So if you email address is USER1 @ company.com you could use the following USER1 @ Client.SID.company.com (e.g. mulvey @ 100.PRD.sap.com). You can then enter this domain into Exchange.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Our exchange admin asking the same.

Are they real exchange admins ?

They should ask this question in an exchange forum, not a SAP forum...

Regards,

Olivier