cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install oracle 9.2.0 with SAP 4.6C SR2 in Solaris 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm hopeless with the installation of SAP.

I'm going to try to explain oneself.

I'm installing a SAP 4.6 C with Oracle 9.2.0 and under Solaris 10.

After I've installed Oracle and checked its available, I continue with the installation of SAP, and I have a problem in the step DBCREATEDB_IND_ORA :

DBCREATEDB_IND_ORA

IMAGE: http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_4162989clipimage002.jpg

In advance thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leon,

Markus is right on all accounts:

- If you migrate to Oracle there is absolutely no point in going to Oracle 9.2, which is out of support. You should use Oracle 10.2 immediately.

- The prompt for the database system is made on the export side. When you run R3SETUP with the DBEXPORT.R3S profile, it will ask you for both the target O/S and target DBMS.

- OS/DB (heterogeneous) migrations must be done by a consultant with the required certification.

Of course there is no law against running a test migration by yourself, as long as you don't release the migrated system to end users, so I suggest you start over with the correct DBEXPORT.R3S profile and I'll still do my best to help you with the problems you might encounter. But please forget about Oracle 9.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark and Markus.

I'm trying to understand you.

First, Are you sure that my problem with the export from Informix, it is in Oracle 9.2.0.7? Because, I 'm not sure that it is the principal issue. But if you confirm it, I proceed with the upgrade.

And other point, and the most important for me, Do you think that my DBEXPORT is wrong?

And one more thing, thanks for your suggestions are very important to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

>

> First, Are you sure that my problem with the export from Informix, it is in Oracle 9.2.0.7?

Oracle 9.2.0.7 is not the cause why you are getting errors. The problem is that you are about to install a DBMS release that is obsolete and out of support. There is absolutely no point in doing so because your O/S platform and SAP release both support installation with Oracle 10.2.

>

> And other point, and the most important for me, Do you think that my DBEXPORT is wrong?

Well, as far as I can see it must be. It's been a while since I last used R3SETUP for an OS/DB migration but digging into my documentation I find that the DBEXPORT will always ask for the target O/S and DBMS. It cannot be otherwise because the export will perform certain calculations in function of the target DB.

Regards,

Mark

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leon,

at least, you did give us incomplete information. So any advice was

based on a wrong situation first (Installation, not systemcopy).

I guess it would be a good Idea, if you'd confirm / sum up the following points:

Source OS / Source DB / Export done with STD/EXT/EX2 kernel ?

Any trouble upon the export?

Those points are most important for a systemcopy.

As for the setup of the target:

What CD / Installation-Archive-SAR-File did you use to

Install on what target OS / target DB

As for the Oracle Install:

- You need to install a base release (8.1.7 / 9.2 or 10.2) depending on the Installation archive

- you need to apply a patchset onto the DB Software (8.1.7.4 or higher / 9.2.0.7 or 9.2.0.8 / 10.2.0.4 )

- you need to apply recommended fixes for that DB Release -> see related SAPNOTEs for that.

So please sum up your situation again with all Information needed, and you might get help.

And beside the part, that a migration of a productive system has to be done by a certified

migration partner, I can tell you, that even an export created with DBEXPORT.R3S for a homogeneus

copy for Informix/AIX can be imported to Oracle WinX64/ORA102 with the appropriate key,

as long as the entire export directory is copied.

We did try this to save the export time and confirm that an old system can be "archived" to a

virtual Windows Box, it was just proof of concept, no a really productive migration, but it did work

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, I have been following your advices and I have made the installation from the beginning and I have an error iin the penultimate step of the installation (RFCRADDBDIF_IND_IND) and I don't find any solution:

WARNING 2010-03-18 17:46:37 RFCRADDBDIF_IND_IND CRfcOpen:0

RfcOpen() failed, trying again in 60 seconds.

Creating Database-Specific Objects with RFC

To ensure correct SAP System operation, the program RADDBDIF must be started

in the SAP System after the database load. The program generates

database-specific objects.

This step starts RADDBDIF wih a remote function call (RFC) to the SAP System

as the user DDIC.

When executing the remote function call, the SAP System User DDIC tries to log

on with the default password.

This will fail if DDIC's password has been changed. In this case you have to

provide the actual password of DDIC.

Please enter the password. >

I've tried with 19920607 and I can't continue:

ERROR 2010-03-18 17:59:04 InstController Action:0

Step RFCRADDBDIF_IND_IND could not be performed.

ERROR 2010-03-18 17:59:07 Main

Installation failed.

ERROR 2010-03-18 17:59:07 Main

Installation aborted.

Any idea?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change password to the one your entered in the installation wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Leon,

The password of DDIC in a newly installed 4.x system is 19920706 (not ...0607), but the very first thing to check is: is your SAP instance started? You should be able to log on, and transaction SICK should not report any errors.

Please check these things first and let us know.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mark.

I can't log on to SAP with SAPGUI.

A message appears:

Language environment cannot be configured for language E.

And if I look for /usr/lib/locale in Solaris, the folder en_US.ISO8859-1 doesn't exist.

Any idea?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> And if I look for /usr/lib/locale in Solaris, the folder en_US.ISO8859-1 doesn't exist.

Check using

locale -a

if the appropriate locale is installed. If it is not you'll have to install it from the Solaris installation media.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> > And if I look for /usr/lib/locale in Solaris, the folder en_US.ISO8859-1 doesn't exist.

>

> Check using

>

>

locale -a

>

> if the appropriate locale is installed. If it is not you'll have to install it from the Solaris installation media.

>

>

>

> Markus

Hi,

This last error was caused by a failed installation of Solaris.

I called the IT who installed Solaris and he has confirmed than English language wasn't installed.

I've installed it, and I was able to end the installation of SAP.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm installing a SAP 4.6 C with Oracle 9.2.0 and under Solaris 10.

Just a few additional remarks:

- 4.6c is out of support already (for quite a long time)

- Oracle 9.2 is out of support (if you have no extended support contract)

So the best way to go would be to go for an ERP 6.0 with Oracle 10g. If you must install 4.6c then I'd use

Note 946141 - Inst. SAP Systems on UX/Oracle 10.2 with R3SETUP

to install your system with a support (and working) database version.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check which kernel CD you are using for the installation (look at the file LABEL.ASC in the CD root folder). You need product number 51020565 (46D_EXT kernel), which is the only 4.6D kernel supporting the Oracle 9 / Solaris 10 combination.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mark.

I'm using for the installation the cd 51020565.I'm sure of that. Thanks for your contribution.

Markus, I installed the version 9.2.0.1 of Oracle with /oracle/stage/bin/SAP/RUNINSTALLER (Note 557255) and not with runInstaller of /oracle/stage/bin.

Show the content of installation:

Creating the Database

You must create an Oracle database before loading it. This step creates the database instance and the first tablespace (the SYSTEM tablespace). For further information see HTML documentation:

Please enter the parameter:

ERROR 2010-03-03 18:03:36 DBCREATEDBIND_ORA GetConfirmationFor:0

No value for Key: SYSTEM

ERROR 2010-03-03 18:03:36 DBCREATEDB_IND_ORA WarmKeyCheck:0

Phase failed

Thanks,Markus.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Markus, I installed the version 9.2.0.1 of Oracle with /oracle/stage/bin/SAP/RUNINSTALLER (Note 557255) and not with runInstaller of /oracle/stage/bin.

Ok - but you must install patch 9.2.0.6 before proceeding (better 9.2.0.8). Version 9.2.0.1 was never supported by SAP.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus, one question:

Do you think that my way of installation of Oracle is correct?

without taking the installation of patches.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do you think that my way of installation of Oracle is correct?

> without taking the installation of patches.

I don't know what you mean with that.

If you read the installation guide you'll see that you should install the database software (as your did) and then you should install the latest available patch (which is 9.2.0.8) plus all the interim patches for 9.2.0.8 before you continue with the installation.

So - 9.2.0.1 will not work, it never did and it was never supported for SAP systems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> > Do you think that my way of installation of Oracle is correct?

> > without taking the installation of patches.

>

> I don't know what you mean with that.

>

> If you read the installation guide you'll see that you should install the database software (as your did) and then you should install the latest available patch (which is 9.2.0.8) plus all the interim patches for 9.2.0.8 before you continue with the installation.

>

> So - 9.2.0.1 will not work, it never did and it was never supported for SAP systems.

>

>

>

> Markus

Hi , Markus.

I was talking about whether I had correctly installed Oracle with RUNINSTALLER and not with runInstaller.

And if you could answer other question... I have a Server without X where I prepared to install Oracle and now I`m using X-Deep 32 to do the installation but is a program too slow, Do you know any way to install more efficient?

Best regards

Leon.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I was talking about whether I had correctly installed Oracle with RUNINSTALLER and not with runInstaller.

So you did not read the installation guide? smile

> And if you could answer other question... I have a Server without X where I prepared to install Oracle and now I`m using X-Deep 32 to do the installation but is a program too slow, Do you know any way to install more efficient?

The "speed" of an X-Server is dependent on the speed you have for network connections, X is known to do MANY roundtrips. If the server is somewhere remotely a different X-Server implementation on your workstation will not speed up.

There are quite a few X-Servers for Windows available:

- Reflection X (Attachmate)

- Hummingbird

- Cygwin (free)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,I have a doubt about how to install the patches and is if I must to install them with Opath (note 306408) or with /oracle/stage/920_64/Disk1/runInstaller (following the note 539921).

Can anybody give me a clear solution for this issue?

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi,I have a doubt about how to install the patches and is if I must to install them with Opath (note 306408) or with /oracle/stage/920_64/Disk1/runInstaller (following the note 539921).

You install the Oracle patch 9.2.0.8 itself with runInstaller. Next you install all the interim patches for 9.2.0.8 with OPatch.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leon,

Rule:

- Oracle patch set (very large file, usually hundreds of MB, named "Patchset_<version>_<platform>" => install with runInstaller

- Interim patch (usually small file, named "pXXXXXXX_<version>_<platform>" where XXXXXXX = 7-digit patch number => install with opatch tool one by one after applying the patch set

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my installation each day is more and more difficult.

nOW, I have a great problem, i'm trying to explain:

When I'm installing the runInstaller before the Opath, when the sequence of installation is in 93%, appears the follow message:

Oracle Universal Installer has detected that there are processes running in the currenty selected Oracle Home. The following processes need to be shutdown before continuing:

/oracle/DES/920_64/bin/tnslsnr

And I try to stop the instance tnslsnr whitout successful, because appear a message in my console:

./tnslsnr

Segmentation fault

Or:

./tnslsnr stop

and the console uniquely not respond.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leon,

The command to stop the Oracle Listener is

lsnrctl stop

... and to see its cirrent status ...

lsnrctl stat

tnslsnr is the background listener process, you never address this directly.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mark. Thanks for your request.

But "lsnrctl stat" doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

The command is correct, so if it does not work, either your login user or your environment settings are wrong.

You must be logged in as user ora<sid> or <sid>adm (not as root)

Can you run following commands as one of those users and post the output (formatted as code please):

id -a
env
ps -ef | grep tns
lsnrctl stat

Thx,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for your las request.

Now, I've installed with runInstaller the patch 9.2.0.7 but I have a doubt....

Why doesn't the file svrmgrl exist?

Because when I'm going to continue the installation of SAP (DATABASE) after install Oracle,I have a lot of mistakes if this file doesn't exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leon,

What installation documentation are you using???

svrmgrl is the old Server Manager. It was abolished in Oracle 9 and its functions have been integrated into sqlplus. An instruction to use svrmgrl cannot possibly be in any SAP documentation for Oracle 9. Instead of running svrmgrl, use

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
(double quotes mandatory in Ora9)

... but I think it is best if we first clear up what materials you are using for your installation; otherwise I'm afraid you're going to stumble from one problem into the next.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mark.

thanks for your suggestions and great help but I know that svrmgrl is the old Server Manager.

But I'm using the EXT Kernel of SAP for my installation and DATABASE.R3S uses svrmgrl, and this is my problem.

I don't know why this KERNEL uses a old file to install Oracle 9.2.0.1.

Should I download other EXT Kernel wherever the installation of SAP don't look for the svrmgrl?

Edited by: Leon Francisco on Mar 10, 2010 6:54 PM

Duplicate post deleted by: Eric Brunelle on Mar 10, 2010 1:52 PM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to get oracle 9i compliant setup files. go download them at service marketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

You have to use lsnrctl start command to start the listener.

Please check with that command.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

I cannot imagine that you are working with the correct installation files and media. I strongly suggest you start from scratch by going through note 557255 (Installation/System Copy. SAP Systems on UX/Oracle 9.2.0 with R3SETUP), which covers your installation scenario and will point you towards the correct files and media. I'll be happy to help you along but the stuff you are working with now is hopeless.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Mark. Thanks for your last answer because I can resolve my main problem (install SAP and that the installation looked for sqlplus and not svrmgrl) and the solution was follow the note 557255... step by step.

Now, I have a new problem:

I am installing SAP 4.6C and Oracle 9.2.0 because I am doing a heterogeneous copy from Informix 7 to Oracle.

And when I made the export, the resulting files were stored in /<FOLDER>/DB/INF and the process of installation is looking for these folder in /<FOLDER>/DB/ORA and this folder is empty.

This step is DBR3LOADEXEC_IND_IND in which load the DB, and it doesn't ask me for the source database system and it search in the wrong place.

Could I change the files from /<FOLDER>/DB/INF to /<FOLDER>/DB/ORA and restarting the installation?

It is my unique solution for this step.

But the installation goes on and an error appears:

ERROR DBR3LOADEXEC_IND_IND R3loadPrepare:0

Child exited with error: rc = 2

child_pid = 1

See logfile SAPAPPL1.log for further information

And if I read SAPAPPL.1...

1. R3load version @(#) $Id: //bas/46D/src/ins/R3load/R3load.c#40 $ SAP

2. Compiled Jan 11

3. R3load -i SAPAPPL1.cmd -p SAPAPPL1.log -r -k 1g1gf5M50Dp01eqtd1Uu1Aqw

1. start of syntax check ###

2. end of syntax check ###

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'olog' failed: rc = 1017

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error 1017

1. trying to restart import ###

DbSl Trace: ORA-1562 occurred; SQL statement is ==>

(RIM) ERROR: unable to delete data from table "BKPF"

DbSl rc = 99

#STOP

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am installing SAP 4.6C and Oracle 9.2.0 because I am doing a heterogeneous copy from Informix 7 to Oracle.

In that case I don't understand two points:

- Why don't use use Oracle 10g to install?

- Why do you install a full system? If you migrate you use the export your created earlier to install the system, not the DVDs and then somehow "overwrite" the installed system.

> And when I made the export, the resulting files were stored in /<FOLDER>/DB/INF and the process of installation is looking for these folder in /<FOLDER>/DB/ORA and this folder is empty.

So you selected "informix" as target database for the export?

> Could I change the files from /<FOLDER>/DB/INF to /<FOLDER>/DB/ORA and restarting the installation?

No.

A heterogeneous migration requires a certified migration consultant on-site, otherwise you loose support for the migration and for the target system (read http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration --> FAQ).

For 4.6c you need a migration kit that you can get if you have an extended support contract.

If the system is not exported for the correct target database (ORA) control files are missing and the import won't work.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm installing a SAP 4.6 C with Oracle 9.2.0 and under Solaris 10.

Did you update to Oracle 9.2.0.6 (at least)?

How did you install Oracle?

> IMAGE: http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_4162989clipimage002.jpg

why not just copy the CONTENT of that instead of taking a screenshot?

Markus