cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO- Header text with tabs/spaces: Printing not correct in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using tabs/space to separate words in PO header text(Continuous text-editor). I want to print that in smartform exactly the way it is written in Header text. But its not printing correctly.

e.g. 1. when I am using below text,

1 2 4 5 6

7 8 9 1 6

In this case it is printing it correctly i.e. all the columns are printed one under another.

2. When size of text in each column is different, then its shifting second and later columns by some spaces to left.

One two three four

hundred and ten fifty ninety one five

In this case, 'two' is shifted left and not printed just above 'fifty'.

I tried using different fonts, same font used in PO header text editor, but none of these works.

Please help me in sulving this issue.

Vinod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I second example, 'hundred and ten' is written under 'one', fifty is written under 'two', 'ninety one' is written under three and so on.

I don't know why all the tabs were removed here:)

Vinod.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your post use markup to keep spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your reply.

Anyways can you help me in solving my my problem in PO.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of

One two three four
hundred and ten fifty ninety one five

enter

One               two    three        four
hundred and ten   fifty  ninety one   five

and choose a monospaced font (COURIER for example) instead of a proportional one (ARIAL for example)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I had entered text in format given by you in secod example. I am using (or I must use) font 'HELVE' for printing this.

Please let me know how it can be achieved with this font.

Vinod.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should enter tabulators (,,) in the long text. To define the positions of each tabulator: you should add a /: STYLE command, at the beginning of the text, to refer to a custom SAPscript style (SE72) where you define a paragraph format (let's say Z1) and set the positions you want. In the long text, you have to refer to Z1 for each line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

This is the good solution.

But I am facing two issues while implementing this:

1. When I opened the header text of PO in SAPScript editor and tried to change the style, its not changing the style. However it is

possible in SO10.

2. This solution even I thought before but its not feasible from user's perspective. User is copying and pasting some 1000 lines of

text from notepad. He can't go into SAP Script editor and put ,, in place of every tab.

I will appreciate if you can come up with some more ideas.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. When I opened the header text of PO in SAPScript editor and tried to change the style, its not changing the style. However it is possible in SO10.

You are not authorized to change style of standard objects. You must use /: STYLE command.

Nethertheless, my proposition above did not work for me either. But the following was successful:

1) First of all, it is required that the long text use standard paragraph formats (*) so that the format can be substituted as follows.

2) in your smartstyle, define tabulators in any paragraph format (say Z1).

3) In the smart form, include your long text as an include text, you may choose a substitution standard paragraph format that is defined in the smart style, enter Z1.

> 2. This solution even I thought before but its not feasible from user's perspective. User is copying and pasting some 1000 lines of text from notepad. He can't go into SAP Script editor and put ,, in place of every tab.

So you may add tabulators yourself (READ_TEXT function module + use a text node of type "dynamic") by fixing the positions where they should occur but it is probably not acceptable as they may vary according to the type of content (right?). So the only solution is to use a monospaced font. Tell the users there is no other choice (that's the truth), they'll understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your help.

Planning to go for second option.

Thanks,

Vinod.