Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog publication in portal

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iu2019m facing some difficulties concerning MDM / portal integration. We are implementing SRM-MDM catalog scenario and Iu2019ve already created a catalog in MDM Data Manager. Iu2019ve also set the parameters for the web service definition in SRM system, and assigned the Catalog ID in ppoma_bbp.

However, Iu2019m still not able to access my catalog information in portal. When I try to access my catalog it is necessary to introduce again the logon details and an error message u201CLogon failedu201D is displayed, which is not normal right?

In addition, if I introduce my logon details nothing happens but the error message is changed for a warning message u201CLogon failedu201D. Consequently I cannot access my catalog in portal.

Can someone help me? What might being wrong with my catalog publication?

Many Thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is solved. Iu2019m able to see all the records in my catalog.

There were 2 problems:

1.The release 7.1.02.83 was not supported for our SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP02, so we have to upgrade the SPs and patch levels of all the components.

2.In web services definition, I was setting the language in u201CUilanguageu201D parameter. It must be set in u201CDatalanguageu201D.

Many thanks for your help guys.

Best regards.

Andreia Nascimento

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I can now access my catalog without getting those errors, but Iu2019m not able to see the catalog information. Perhaps, there is any configuration problem.

MDM Server version: 7.1.02.83

Weu2019re using SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP02

How can I find information about MDM compatible release / SPs / patchs?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say you are able to access to Catalog but not able to see any records into your catalog, Is this you mean by Iu2019m not able to see the catalog information? Can you please elaborate it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check the release SAP notes of SRM MDM Catalog to find the compatible MDM release.

SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP02 Patch 05 is based on MDM 7.1.01.78. and SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP03 patch 01 is based on MDM 7.1.02.83. So this should be version of your SRM-MDM Catalog.

But as you said, you can access catalog (*not able to see catalog Items), so things looks fine.

Can you try by removing Masks from your web service definition. if no catalog items are assigned to Mask, then you won't be able to see then on SRM EMP. Just want to make sure it is not because of Mask. please can you remove it from web service definition and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019ve tried to define different parameters. I found out that if I define the parameters in u201CIntegrated call structureu201D I get the following error message:

u201CError during catalog connection. Please contact system admin.u201D

If I define the parameters in u201Cstandard call structureu201D I get the u201Clogon failedu201D error message that I had described in the beginning...

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just need to define integrated call structure and not the standard call structure. Sorry I didn't check in the system and got little confused. Parameters looks good, but can you try by replacing MDM server host name by IP address. Please check it and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

-

Also, please let us know the exact version of your MDM server. you can find this by opening console and mounting your MDM server. Now Click on "SAP MDM Server" under console hierarchy in the left pane. It will display your MDM server Version in the Right Pane ("MDM Server" pane)

Regards,

Shiv

Edited by: Shiv Prashant Dixit on Mar 11, 2010 12:58 AM

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

These are the parameters defined in u201CIntegrated call structureu201D of my Catalog. I didn't define a u201Cstandard call structureu201D.

http://seneca.olisipo.net:50000/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM 0 URL

Username User1 2 Fixed Value

Password 123456 2 Fixed Value

Server anbus 2 Fixed Value

Catalog SRM_MDM_CATALOG 2 Fixed Value

Port 2345 2 Fixed Value

Unilanguage SY-LANGU 1 SAP Field

Datalanguage PT 2 Fixed Value

mask Consumíveis 2 Fixed Value

HOOK_URL 4 Return URL

returntarget _parent 2 Fixed Value

Thks.

BR,

Andreia Nascimento

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your help guys.

But even with your recommendations Iu2019m still not able to access my catalog, but now I get a different error message: u201Cerror connection catalog; please contact system adminu201D.

In addition, I was searching from web services information and found out the following post:

However, Iu2019m not able to access the following link:

http://yourserver:yourport/wsnavigator

Maybe there is any problem with web service connection to mdm?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That Web Service thread is not related to this. So, don't get confused.

Check if SAP Note # 1321672 is applicable to you.

Also, can you post what parameters you have defined in Standard and Integration call structure of Webservice in SRM. That will help.

Regards,

Shiv

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

My MDM version is 7.1, which means that we are implementing SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 right?

I followed your instructions and I was able to login to UI configuration, without any problem. This means that it must be some problem with web service definitionu2026

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right you are implementing SRM MDM Catalog 3.0, if you are on MDM 7.1 version.

In SRM system, While defining Web-service, give User as User1 case-sensitive , and corresponding Password which u given in MDM Console. If you defined your User and Pwd correctly, then you will access to that Search UI(catalog) directly.

Just retry it and let us know the result.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this [document|https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001156822009E] (page no 16 & SMP login required) and define your webservice parameters accordingly. It should work then. Please revert with the result.

Also, Make Sure that the User which you define in Webservice in SRM should have "Catalog User" role assigned in MDM.

Regards,

Shiv

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes, the u201Cconnection successful messageu201D was displayed.

The repository is loaded and I tried to access the Console with the same user defined in Web Service and the credentials are correct.

We are implementing SRM 7 with PPS. Note that we donu2019t have XI / PI.

MDM Console version 7.1.02.110

MDM Import manager 7.1.02.115

MDM Data Manager 7.1.02.115

How can I see SRM-MDM Catalog version?

Thks!

Regards,

Andreia

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM-MDM Catalog is a package which contains MDM also (not all components of MDM), So if you have installed MDM which came with this package then you should be fine.. SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 is based on MDM 7.1 and rest all previous versions were based on MDM 5.5.

Can you open following link in your web brower and provide MDM server details and user as "Master" (*appropriate password).

http://<J2eeHost>:<J2ee port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

Replace J2ee Host and port with your Java host name and port.

If you are able to login from here and it opens UI then it means there is some missing in external web service definition in SRM. can you check it and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to make sure, which user must be defined in Web Services? Any which have catalog user role? This user must be created in SRM system?

MDM server, Connector & Java API versions must be equal?

Thks!

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can define any user which has "Catalog User" Role defined in MDM in SRM Web Service". and this is not required to have same user in SRM system. You can assign this web service ID as attribute to any SRM user.

Did you get "Connection Successful Message"?? I couldn't see that in your Trace.. Once you test Connection then you should get message in Green "Connection test was successful".

Also, Check the following Things and revert with the result:

1. Is your repository Loaded?

2. Try to Console through the User which you have defined in Web Service. This will confirm whether User credentials are correct or not.

Also, let us know which version of SRM you are working with and what is version of your SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Shiv

-

Also Check this document (Page no 32 ) and make sure if you have defined other parameters correctly in the web service definition.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000134212010E/srm_mdm_integration.pdf

Regards,

Shiv

Edited by: Shiv Prashant Dixit on Mar 5, 2010 11:32 PM

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019ve made several tests, defining different users / passwords combinations in Web services. Iu2019ve tried using standard users like User1 with the same result.

I also create new user with all the roles, which includes Admin, Catalog Content approver, Catalog Manager, Catalog User, External Integration and UI configuration manager and it simply not works.

Iu2019ve done the connection test and it seems ok..

Retrieving MDM JAVA API Version

Admin Version = 7.1.02.05 [Interface CRC=0xd933810e]

Build Version = 7.1.02.84

Content Version = 7.1.02.08 [Interface CRC=0x39f6784]

Meta Version \t= 7.1.02.00 [Interface CRC=0x06b4a577]

!======================================!

Building up connection to MDM server 10.15.254.53

Retreiving MDM server version...

Version = Version 7.1 (7.1.02.83)

Do you have any additional suggestion?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you haven't given the User Name in WEB- SERVICE defined by you, it will ask for Login details.

Try giving USER say USER1 who is assigned to ROLE Catalog User only.

You can check the ROLE and corresponding USER's assigned to that role through MDM Console.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the user which you have defined in SRM web Service should have "Catalog User " Role assigned in MDM, like User1 standard user.

Also, to Configure SRM-MDM UI, You must have "UI Configuration Manager" Role Assigned, like Master standard user

Just to make sure it is not because of any version mismatch between MDM server, Connector & Java API, using Following Application link and do a connection test:

http://<your AS Java host>:<your AS java http
port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uiutil/Utilities

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I am in upgrade project from SRM 3.0 to SRM 7.0.

We are installed MDM 3.0.. f

When we are configuring the USer Specific configuration . it says " You must have "UI Configuration Manager" Role Assigned, like Master standard user"

where to check this standard role in MDM. I have checked in MDM 3.0 -Standard roles are not appearing.

how to configure the standard roles in MDM

Can you give your inputs

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar