cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA16 background job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running QA16 in background job for SKIPPED lots.

But sytem is not doing the UD for inspection lots.

Inspection type is 01 and program used is RQEVAI10.

When the same is done online we are able to do UD.

Can you please give me the condition under which system will do UD in background for QA16 transaction.

Please share your inputs.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

These are the pre requisites for successful Auto UD. Are all of them are meeting???

• No characteristic has been rejected in the inspection lot

• All required characteristics have been confirmed and closed

• No defect records exist for the inspection lot

• An automatic usage decision has been planned for the material

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for your reply,

What I require that I want to do the UD for skipped lots in QA16 transaction in background JOB.

I am scheduling the backgroung job for program RQEVAI10 (used in QA16).

Here system is not making the UD for skipped lots when I am cheking these lots after job has been executed.

Please let me that is program RQEVAI10 can be runned in background run to take the UD of skipped lots or

I have to schedule in QA17 for skipped lots?

Please give your suggestions.

Regards,

Amit.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let make sure you understand what a skip lot is.

When running QA16 for skipped lots, it will only process inspection lots that have the system status of "SKIP" on them.

Is this the case for the lots you are trying to run?

Other than that, the only requirement for skip lots is that the Automatic UD indicator in the material master is clicked on for the inspection type. And of course that the lots you are trying to process fall within the parameters of the QA16 job, (i.e date range, plant, etc.).

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be running transaction QA17 and using that to schedule a job for "Skipped" lots. It runs RQEVAI30.

Regards,

Carl

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl is right, I didn't pick up on that. QA17 schedules the program behind QA10, not QA16. So try running QA10 mannually for a material that you know has skip lots. If it works, then you can used QA17 to schedule it.

FF (Craig)

Hey Carl!

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Apart from this stuff, just try following also if works.

SPRO>Quality Management>Basic setting>Maintain settings at plant level>Select plant where you want to schedule auto UD>Go to inspection lot completion tab>check here delay time for skip lot.

Whether before reaching this time you are scheduling this auto UD? Even though all the prerequisites quoted by Shyamal have been fulfilled system does not give auto UD if this timelines are not met.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.

QA16 is not made to run in background.

QA17 is the correct method to do the UD in background.

I am closing this issue.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Answers (0)