Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic querry regarding TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very basic question. Consider this scenario--

I have two different clients in my development box- One for Customizing (say 100) and another for Development (say 500). Functional people would like to create request in client 100 and release it from there which gets imported to a particular client in QA (say 800). ABAP-ers would like to create request in client 500 and release it from there which gets imported to the same client in QA (800).

My question is do I need to implement Extended Transport Control or the normal TMS configuration will serve the purpose.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh ,

Whenever there is client specific transport route configured in system you have to use extended transport control as in your case.

The normal TMS configuration will work only with non client specific environment.You have to change the parameter value of CTC to 1 to make the extended transport on.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohit.

So what is meant by non client specific environment in this case? If I don't implement Extended Transport Control in this scenario and still maintain different clients for customizng and development which client will have the provision of releasing the transport requests?

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you will not activate Extended Transport Control , SAP will not allow you to work & set the transport route as client specific & it will throw you message that use Extended Transport Control .

When you will set the client values in your transport routes ,all tranports will work according to route defined by you.non client specific environment is nothing but normal transport configuration i.e. without client will not be specified in this case.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohit. This very well answers my querry.

Answers (0)