cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have not succeeded with figuring out the way the system calculates forecast dates to an internal activity.

If someone knows that method I will be grateful for having some Example.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Detailed explanation is available in SAP HELP...read Project cost Forecast section under Costs(Project Systems).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Detailed explanation is available in SAP HELP...read Project cost Forecast section under Costs(Project Systems).

Dear Ahmed,

This Forum is for sharing an information, if you have an answer please share!

As you probably know SAP HELP in some cases does not always help...(another reason why this forum is so important)

this is the reason I ask for an example.

Thanks,

Nir

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forecast set of dates are used for base lining. fixing planned date at specific planning stage. ( For this to happen normally your copy your basic date to forecast dates once ) Than required changes to dates you done in Basic Dates and keep forecast dates as intact. So, you current project scheduling is reflected in Basic Dates and forecast dates will reflect you original time schedule

With Regards

Nitin P.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you read the Help first? because members who attempt to find the answers themselves generally receive better answers from the more senior members of the forum. If there is something specific in the Help that did not make sense or deviates from your situation, mention it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for your reply,

of course I passed on SAP Help, additionally ,I searched on more resources like other portals ,forums and colleagues.

I also function as senior consultant, however, neither me or my colleagues are familiar with that method.

Regarding to SAP help, as I mentioned I read The relevant information but non example is given.

SAP help provides an information only for parameters that the system use but without any explanation about the way of calculates.

I suggest that the Furum management will delete this thread and I will create a new one with a more specific question.

Thanks again,

Nir

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nir

The concept is very simple - I will try and explain. I have different steps and for each I have the values I expect as forecast (also known as estimate to complete ETC)

Plan = value in the work field with SAP008 as the formula in costing tab of work centre

Actual = value confirmed

Remaining = Forecast hrs while confirmation = hrs required to complete the work from now

Forecast (ETC) = Actual + Remaining

Step 1 - Let us have an internal activity for 50 hrs @ 10 per hour - this I have planned initially

Step 2 - during the period I have incurred actual of 5 hrs

Step 3 - while confirming actual I also entered forecast hrs of 48

Run CJ9L to update forecast version after every step

Step Plan Actual Remaining Forecast (ETC)

1 500 0 500 500

2 500 50 450 500

3 500 50 480 530

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thank you so much for your great answer, however, as far as I understand Step 3 is possible by "Forecast Workbench" which availble only in ECC6.3, is that right?

Edited by: Nir Horvitz on Mar 7, 2010 10:27 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nir

Step 3 is available in all SAP versions that support Cost forecast functionality - use the normal CN25 transaction

The workbench has been introduced in ECC 6.0 EHP3 as you have mentioned which provides a greater ease to the user a s aone stop shop (workbench) for excel integration and reporting, display of planned, actual, forecast values for a project, manual entry of forecast, calculate forecast (CJ9L transaction) etc

Regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Further to add on this. Currently the forecast cost reports gives the forecast cost rolled up at WBS element level. But can we get this data also at cost element level ? This is one of the requirement coming from customer to have it at cost element as well as WBS level.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MAhendra

Answers (0)