Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destinations for CUA - clarification required.

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings, Gurus!

I'm in the planning-going-testing phase of CUA implementation for our landscape, and it appears I've run into something of a snag.

According to everything I've read, including various SAPnotes and documentation available in SAP Library, I understand that it is not possible to configure the CUA to use specific RFC destinations. Instead, CUA will attempt to use an RFC destination that has the same name as the logical system it is calling. I.e. central system ADMCLNT070 is making an RFC call in context of CUA to PRDCLNT510, for this purpose, RFC destination named PRDCLNT510 will be used.

Q1: Have I understood this correctly?

Q2: Is there any way to specify an RFC destination I want to use?

Thanks for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is best practise not mandatory process,

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is best practise not mandatory process,

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

0 Kudos

Please clarify. When and where can I specify the RFC destination I want to use?

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos

would like yiu to go through the below link too,

As the complication of using diffrent name and etc has been mentioned, and fixing has been hit and trial method for me when i did it..

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

Edited by: Prasant K Paichha on Mar 5, 2010 12:52 PM

0 Kudos

Many thanks, Prasant!

That was the information I was looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

During our implementation I noticed that it's very advisible to follow the standards like give in the CUA Coockbook.

For example I didn't use the primairy Logical System Name for a child system because this Logical system name was not equal to the naming convension of the other Child Systems. This was working except the License Data was not loaded.

So my advise follow the standard.