cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chinese language problem in IDES ECC 6.0 SR3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just finished the installation of IDES ECC 6.0 SR3, but after i changed zcsa/installed_languages to '1DE' and tried to logon using 'ZH' which stand for chinese, it doesn't work and only show messy codes.

According to note 1244548:

"The system already contains more than 20 languages. Use transaction SMLT to check the status and set the system profile parameter zcsa/installed_languages accordingly to use them."

It should be alright, anything configuation i missed?

Lin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute programs RSCPINST through SE38 and check the langauge is installed and activate ....also check the code page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

zcsa/installed_languages parameter has to set for each language .We suppose that you set is correctly i.e. code for chinese is 1.Please check it once again .If you feel this code for chinese language is correct then you need to install this language in SMLT tcode.

Please remember that only english & german language comes as default in SAP .Any language ther than this you have to install it via SMLT tcode.You can find the CD of these languages at marketplace.

Please dont forget to supplement language after installation of chinese.

Also as you said in post that you system contains more than 20 languages but your profile contains calue of only three .Please make sure that you set this parameter contaning values for each language.Please use tcode I18n to get the help for same.

Thanks..

Mohit

Edited by: mohit gupta on Mar 5, 2010 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to note 1244548:

"The system already contains more than 20 languages. Use transaction SMLT to check the status and set the system profile parameter zcsa/installed_languages accordingly to use them."

according to this note, for IDES version, it is not necessary to import the language again. Also, you can find from SMLT that the language has already been imported.