cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of Price list type in Customer Master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation here, I have to change the Price List type of a customer in the customer master data (XD03). However the new value can be a blank value or some other value say BJ. But i am not sure which one would be the correct one.

I have tried testing after changing it to bj and blank as well. But i did not spot any diffrence in the Sales order prices or for that matter anything except for the pricelist field in the Sales order.

I know that the price list type is used to assign diffrent prices for diff category of customers. Is there any other use of price list type.

Could any one tell me the significance of price list type in customer master data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kirti,

You are right. Price list is used for to assign diff. prices to diff customer.

Moreover, you can group the customers like Wholesalers or retailers and accordingly you can set price list in the respective customer master data. And finally as per the customer group you can charge them differently

Main purpose of price list is to have classification of prices...

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone. Specially Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know the u2018Price listu2019 in customer master is maintained for pricing control. You have to follow the following steps to effect the u2018Price listu2019 in the pricing.

1. Define the required u2018Price listu2019 in this menu path: SPRO >>> SD >>> Basic functions >>> Pricing >>> Define price list categories for customers. Say you have defined a Pricing List u2018BJu2019.

2. Create a Condition table that includes the field u2018Price listu2019. Say the condition table 666 has sales organization, distribution channel, Price list and Material.

3. Create an access sequence ZAAA that includes the condition table 666 as first access. Maintain the condition table (304) meant for material price as second access.

4. Assign this access sequence ZAAA in the condition type created for Price (PR00).

5. Maintain Condition record for the condition type PR00. Maintain the price for both the accesses (Material price with price list and Material price alone).

6. Maintain the Price list u2018BJu2019 in the customer to whom you want to offer this price.

7. Now create a sales order for the customer; you will get the price maintained in the condition records.

8. If you remove the u2018price listu2019 BJ from the customer master, the system will take the price maintained for material (second access).

9. You can run u2018Pricing reportu2019 if you maintain pricing condition based on Price list. Goto V/LD; enter 31 to run the pricing report.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Price list type is used to create a List price for the material. Every year Org changes (increase/decrese) the price for each individual material which should be created in VK12 using Key combination "Price group/Price list....". Then you need to assign appropriate price list type to customer in order to pickup desire price at the time of Sales order creation. Incase the prices are not maintain with this key combination (in VK12) then this has no effect in sales order processing. May be this is the case you have & that is why you have not seen any effect with or without price list.

//Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

PFB may be helpful in understanding the Price list type;

Price list type: It Identifies a price list or other condition type (for example, a surcharge or discount).

Use:

You can define price list types according to the needs of your own organization. Price list types can be grouped according to:

the kind of price list (for example, wholesale or retail)

the currency in which the price appears

the number of the price list type

You can use price list types to apply conditions during pricing or to generate statistics.

Also,

In the customer master record, enter one of the values predefined for your system. The system proposes the value automatically during sales order processing. You can change the value manually in the sales document header.

Regards,

Libra83

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to give you my experience the importance Price List

In our project price list type place very crucial part, based on price list list only MWST will determine on below combination.

Price List Z1 duty paid.

Price List Z2 un duty paid

While I am maintain condition record particular sales org based price list system will determine mwst Price List

Sales Organization 5004

Division 63

Price List Z1

TaxClass1-Cust. 1

Tax class. material 1

Country NL

Destination country ES

Sales Organization 5004

Division 63

Price List Z2

TaxClass1-Cust. 1

Tax class. material 1