cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send prefilled Information in interactive form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using ZCI layout.

But for offline form, I need to fill some default data like the name of applicant on offline form when user downloads the form.

How to do it?

I don't have any option in interface to declare some structure or table type and pass data while getting XML.

CALL FUNCTION fm_name

EXPORTING

/1bcdwb/docparams = fp_docparams

/1bcdwb/docxml = xml

IMPORTING

/1bcdwb/formoutput = fp_result

EXCEPTIONS

usage_error = 1

system_error = 2

internal_error = 3

OTHERS = 4.

In interactive form we don't have option to send some dynamic data while download.

Please reply if you have any information.

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I get you´re a newcomer. I hope we will see you around not only asking:))

Back to your problem: Maybe it would be the best to create a brand new form, based on ABAP interface, then copy the layout of the old form (online) into this new one (offline). You cannot use any form for any scenario.

If you want to keep everything very close/ similar for both scenarios, you can create a structure which will be the only data node in the offline form interface/ context and use the same structure in your WD context, this way if one scenario will be changed, the second will be changed automatically as well. Well... if that is what you want. I would like that.

Regards Otto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this XML interface form will be used not-offline but as a printform, then it makes sense.

But if you will have to read the data into the backend after the real offline scenario, I am not sure what you´re going to do. You will use some XML factory and pick the variables one after one? Good luck with this.

Because if you would have a ABAP interface, the framework would collect all the data from the form into a ABAP structure for you with very little or no effort.

Otto

p.s.: I don´t like your 52 posts and 0 points. If you´re going to keep asking and not going to help a living soul, I am not going to help you anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the suggestion about my points.

I have n't worked in any area for long time. First I am new to ABAP then again new to Webdynpro and new to PDF forms and new to Interactive.

But I really want to take out some time and contribute. Any how I got some points in previoyus year but negligible.

Thanks for pointing out.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm assuming this is related to your other post about using the same form for offline as you are using for online processing.

if you want to use the same form/interface for both, i think you're best bet would be to use a data dictionary interface.

You CAN build your own XML file and load it into your offline interface as a template and you can pre-fill data into that XML string when you pass it into your FM - it's a lot more work than I'd like to do, though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the multiple posts.

could you please let me know in detail about "you can pre-fill data into that XML string when you pass it into your FM"

It seems i asked the same thing in the post.

Regards

Srinivas