cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed to learn Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Gurus,

I need your help. I have gone through all the MDM toots like console, import manager, data manager and syndicator.

I have assigned a task to work on MDM Material Master. But i have no experience in that.

Please tell where should i start to have a strong base in Material Master. Please post the documents related to Material Master which will be useful. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel Material master is most critical object. below doc may help you to understand material master.

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LOMDMM/LOMDMM.pdf]

I am sure you will have functional person to help you to understand the validation / configuration required to build the scenario

Cheers,

Rc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I would suggest you to take a help from the R/3 functional consultant if you really need to understand the Material Master. Although you can go through the business content for SAP MDM material master but that wont be able to give you the business knowledge or the concepts of every segment of the Material Master. our approach should be to go through the SAP help of each field in R/3 and make sure you understand where that field is used and impacts and who else other than the R/3 functional consultant would be better to do that.

Regards,

Indraveer

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with what Indraveer said. One more way to quickly learn it, is to practice it. If you have any sandbox ECC system then go to transaction MM01/MM02 and try to create and edit material master. on Every field of Material master views do an F1 help and read the help content. This will help you to understand significance of each field . once you understand the business significance of each field in ECC then only you will be able to model a prefect repository in MDM.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

If you are using MDM 7.1 version refer, SAP Note 1355137

which contains very useful information as attachments:

MDM71_Material_Content.pdf

MDM71_Material_Fieldmapping.zip

MDM71_Material_Content_Strings.zip

If you are on MDM 5.5 version refer, SAP Note 1255401

MDM_Material_Content.pdf

FieldMapping_CheckTables_Material.zip

Kindly go through these SAP Note and attachments as per your MDM Version.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somone tell me how to i download SAP Note from the Market Place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have valid SAP Service Market Place ID and Password for the same to access it.

If you have, please access these below links:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1355137

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1255401

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the procedure to get the ID and password for the SAP Marketplace? I have no clue about that. Please somone tell me how to register. When i tried to register it was asking for Partner ID, which i dont know where to get. Is this not free?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to contact your SAP Service Marketplace Super Administrator ERP head or SAP Practice head in your current organization to have an S-User ID created.

Also, The SAP service id can be obtained based on the Installation number of the SAP system. You can ask your BASIS for the user id and password for SAP service marketplace. They can tell you about your organizations Partner ID with SAP

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini