cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to MDM Console. Can anyone please tell me how can I, from SAP MDM Console restrict a particular user from <u>viewing</u> specific records in MDM Data Manager.

Thanking you in advance.

Hemal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the following blog regarding Masks.

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/08/29/brief-introduction-to-masks-in-mdm-55

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subbu. I'm able to give the constraint.

Hemal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can give the constraints to records. Is it possible from SAP MDM Console to restrict a particular user from viewing specific <u>Fields</u> in MDM Data Manager.

Thanking you in advance.

Hemal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this using Masks.

Step 1:

In the Data Manager , you filter records based on what ever condition you are looking for. Add the filtered records to a Mask.

If you have no masks defined in the Data Manager.

Select Masks table from the top left corner list in the Data Manager and create a Mask.

Once you finished creating the Mask, go back to the Main table and add the Filtered records to the created mask.

(Select all the records right click and select Add to Mask and select the Mask).

Step 2:

a. For New Role:

1. In the MDM Console for that particular repository, create a new role and in the role details grid, select Table/Fields tab and look for Masks table. In the Constraints column, you select the Mask you created in the Data Manager.

2. Assign the created role to the user.

b. For Existing Role:

In MDM console select the role in the repository and

in the role details grid, select Table/Fields tab and look for Masks table. In the Constraints column, you select the Mask you created in the Data Manager.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have 1000 users for example 100 from usa, 50 from france, 200 from Italy and so on. Is there a way that I can create groups for similar type of users? So that I don't have to do masking 1000 times.

Shall be appreciative your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemal

I doubt that we can create a GROUP for certain number of users.

cheers

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemal

I doubt that we can create a GROUP for certain number of users.

cheers

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Creating Roles and assigning it to similar types of users and then selecting users that fall in same role. By doing this when you give the constraint it will be reflected in all users that have a same role. This solves the issue of grouping. Thanks very much.

Hemal Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

The method you showed is good. However, we have records growing everyday. Is there a way that I don't have to select new records and add to the mask and insted it goes into the desired mask automatically. Because if we have 1000 records added everyday in repository, it would be not be appropriate to select records every day and add it into the mask. Please Help on this. I shall be really appreciative to your reply.

Thanking you,

Hemal Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemal,

Currently there is no way to automatically add records to a specific mask. One work around I can think of would be to create a program using MDM Java or COM API for adding the newly added records to mask and schedule this program to run every night.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani Kumar

Is it possible by giving relationships from data manager or giving some validation or using recalculating so that the new records can be extracted? I'm not expert in MDM. But, it is very important that I have some way out other then using MDM Java, since I have been spending many hours in masking and setting securitis. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Hemal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemal,

As per my knowledge, there is no other way to automate addition of records to Masks. The options, relationships (used only to maintain parent/child relationship between records), validations (used to validate data but not to manipulated data) and calculated fields(used onlt to update a field based on values entered in other fields) mentioned by you will not serve your purpose.

Regards,

Rajani