cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing file in FTP server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have requirement like this..........i need to please the XML file but the file

must be uploaded into the root folder with a '.XXXX'

extension. Once on the server we must rename the file with a '.done'

extension to be picked up and processed. ** Do not upload files directly to the root folder with a .done extension. **

this is my requirement..........how to achive this requirement, please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use receiver communication channel to place a file name with extension .XXXX, then write scripting program ,and operate it in OS level to change file name.

or

develop one more interface just to copy file from same directory ,and you can chaange the file name.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for the reply, your 2nd option is good i to got same thought.

but i want to try the first option of writing the script, can you please tell me how to write the script and how to run it with the adapter.

thanks,

Chinna

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basis people will help you on this,like writing script and how to schedule in OS level.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO ADD SCRIPTING CODE IN RECEIVER ADAPTER.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Do u think it is a good idea to create a separate interface just for transferring the files from 1 directory to other.

I feel it isnt required and also if file size is high, u know the impact on performance.

Fine, Regarding writing a script to move file from one location to other.. just google it or search in SDN .. u will get a lot of materials.

Also dont go for the OS commmands... because OS commands are executed only after the file is pickes.

Babu.