cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV loading in pieces

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I developed a webdynpro application with ALV in it. The table width is so big that I enabled scrollable columns.

Now in the ALV with 10 columns, 2 columns are fixed and other 8 columns are scrollable, out of which 4 will be visible intially.

When I scroll to the right on the ALV, I can see that a request is being sent to backend to get the next columns.

1. How can I avoid this server request and let all the ALV to load initially itself and there wont be any disturbance by scrolling right.

Among the columns which are initially hidden(visible if I scroll right), one column has long text and this makes the row to expand vertically.

2. My problem is that this vertical expansion will not happen initially when the page is loaded. This happens only when I scroll right. Which means initially, row hieght will be normal and when I scroll right, hieght increases and this disturbs the hieght of the entire grid and doesnt give pleasant experience.

Please help me solve these 2 problems.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I developed a webdynpro application with ALV in it. The table width is so big that I enabled scrollable columns.

Now in the ALV with 10 columns, 2 columns are fixed and other 8 columns are scrollable, out of which 4 will be visible intially.

When I scroll to the right on the ALV, I can see that a request is being sent to backend to get the next columns.

How can I avoid this server request and let all the ALV to load initially itself and there wont be any disturbance by scrolling right?

Edited by: Who-Am-I on Mar 8, 2010 5:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please help me resolve this problem?