cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMAN DB verification using DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to Note 1016173, the verification of database and archive log files using RMAN is supported by transaction DB13 as of Basis 7.00 SP12. I am on SP17 but not able to find the appropriate option in DB13. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on SP17 but not able to find the appropriate option in DB13.

You will not find action like "RMAN-VerfiyDB" or "RMAN-Verify Archive logs" in DB13. The SAP Note 1016173 - Verifying database and archive log files using RMAN is telling that

the verification of archive log files using RMAN is supported by transaction DB13.

As suggested in SAP Note 1016173, Please execute SE16 for SDBAC table (DBA Actions Table). then you will find all DB13 actions relevant to various Databases. Open actions details/properties relative to verifyDB or Redo log backup actions, there you will find PSTRING field (Parameter String for BRBACKUP,BRACHIVE,etc commands, also check CNAME..).

This PSTRING field contains the entry for the possible options, which will be used while the execution of BRBACKUP/ BRARCHIVE/BRSPACE commands for selected DB13 Actions (make sure that you have selected verify options for BRARCHIVE/BRBACKUP in action parameters , while execution of relative DB13 jobs).

You can check that verifyDB action already contains "-w use_rmv" option entry in PSTRING field of the verifyDB action. The same thing you can check for Archive Log backup (redo log backup) actions with the following options,

BRARCHIVE: "-w|-verify use_rmv|first_rmv|only_rmv"
Where:
* "use_rmv"   - after a backup, the saved files are restored and verified by RMAN
* "first_rmv" - before the archive log files are saved, the original files are verified by RMAN
* "only_rmv"  - the original files are verified by RMAN without a backup being started

Also, I hope that you are having latest BR*Tools. Please read that SAP Note 1016173 carefully.

Regards

Bhavik G. Shroff