cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 SR3 installation error( check DDIC password step) - RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched this error on SDN and I tried what is mentioned here but it didnt work.

I was Installing SAP ECC6 SR3 IDES system on Windows 2003 64 bit with Oracle 10g on AMD64.

Installation stopped at DDIC password check.

Dispatcher is up with yellow light with message "Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time 0:00 sec, J2EE status info unavailable. I am able to log in to SAP client 000 and 001 I changed DDIC and SAP* password. I changed DDIC password more than one Every time when DDIC password is changed SAPInst reconized it and ask for new password and after password same message poped up

SAP system -> RFC connection

Test logon to SAP System <SID> failed.

SOLUTION: Make sure that the system is started, that the user DDIC exists and that the password of user DDIC is correct.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after R3trans -d

When I login through Administrator i get following message

This is R3TRANS version 6.14 <release 700 - 14.02.08 - 14:55:00>.

unicode enabled version

2EETW169 no connect possible : "connect failed with DBLI_RC_LOAD_LIB_FAILED."

R3trans finished <0012>

When I login through <SID>ADM R3trans -d runs successfully with return code <000>

Before started SAP installation i set environment variable for JAVA_HOME and Path.

I reset DDIC password in client 000 to default and then restart the installation still getting a same error message.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download the Latest Kernel from Service Market place and upgarde your Kernel then continue the installation.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me from where and how I update the kernel.

Thanks,

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There will be a Kernel Directory under Drive:
usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run\uc in windows i guess where Kernel files will be stored. So you have to download the latest Kernel from Service Market place extract those files and take a backup of existing Kernel Directory and then over right it with New Kernel.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subash,

Yes I have S userID however I dont have authorization to download kernel files from SMP.

Thanks for you help.

Thanks,

Mubashir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with the steps below:

1. log in as SID<ADM> user.
2. Make sure that R3trans -d returns "OK".
3. Retry installation (Continue OLD installation).

If it doesn't not work, then you can do local client copy from 000 to 001 (with SAP_ALL profile). It will solve your most of the problems if you are using DUAL STACK.

MAKE SURE THAT USER DDIC HAS SAME PASSWORD (MASTER PASSWORD) IN BOTH CLIENTS (000 AND 001).

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check Java version and update enviroment variable in my computer properties as per your message Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time 0:00 sec, J2EE status info unavailable.

then try to re-execute installation again

BR

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some cases the below solution has helped..Hope it helps you too:

Logon with user id DDIC and change the password back to default. Afterwards restart SAPinst.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, from the OS, if you execute R3trans -d , what is the result ?

what is other erron on the sapinst log directory ?