cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC IDOCS to PI packaging

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have PO IDOCS from SAP ECC that I want to process in 1 message and create 1 comma delimited flat file.

I thought I should be able to use message packaging in PI7.1 EPH1 so that all IDOCS are received and processed as 1.

Will it work for IDOCs from ECC to PI or do I need to use IDoc message packages via transaction IDXPW.

I have followed the steps in SAPHelp http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/46/79e8e13872275ae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

and related /people/william.li/blog/2008/03/07/step-by-step-guide-in-processing-high-volume-messages-using-pi-71s-message-packaging

and also blogs /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

I have done the following;

Activate Message Packaging via SXMB_ADMIN > 'RUNTIME' parameter 'PACKAGING' = 1

Configuring Message Packaging

- SXMS_BCM created config type MYIDOCS

- SXMSIF created senderID POIDOCS for my SAP business system component SAP_ADE410 for ORDERS.ORDERS05

- SXMS_BCONF create specific package for IS_IN for my SenderID POIDOCS and config type MYIDOCS

- XMSPKSTATCNF to turn on monitoring

I have an ACTIVE Sender IDOC Comms Channel with Idoc Packaging and package size of 10.

I can see that comms channel in SAP PI under SXI_CACHE.

To test this;

From SAP ECC (SAP_ADE410) I create some PO IDOCS and as the Partner Profile is set to collect

I then run RSEOUT00 and the IDOCS are transmitted via tRFC to SAP PI.

HOWEVER in SAP PI

The IDOCS are NOT packaged and appear as individual messages in SXMB_MONI.

Nothing is shown in package monitor XMSPKSTATMON.

I am on SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and have followed the config steps to the letter.

What am I missing ?

or do I need to use IDoc message packages via transaction IDXPW?.

Edited by: Jonny Wellard on Mar 5, 2010 2:35 AM

I think I need a Sender Agreement too. !! If so then I will write a BLOG so all of this information is in one place.

Edited by: Jonny Wellard on Mar 5, 2010 2:41 AM

YES that is all I was missing - it needs a Sender Agreement. Obvious !.

NOW I have another issue. My Operation Mapping Source is an IDOC set with 1..unbounded. This results in a Source message with Message>Message1 tags. BUT the Message from the Message Package does not have these tags.

What can I do ?

Edited by: Jonny Wellard on Mar 5, 2010 2:50 AM

Sorry about this but I think I also need to implement note 814393 to adjust the XML schema. I really do need to write a blog on this stuff !.

Edited by: Jonny Wellard on Mar 5, 2010 4:41 AM

I have now got it working....all the steps listed above it the solution to message packaging with IDOCs where IDOC is received from SAP ECC into SAP PI.

Enjoy!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post a new thread by clearly describing your issue.

Remember this is a Experts forum. For basic Question you can search the Help.sap or sdn forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved this myself. Help yourself to the notes above.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I saw this posting a really helpful one. I have a similar situation and my question here is

--> where is the grouping actually done? is it at the ECC side or at the PI side - in the queue?

--> does this group IDOCs with different PO numbers? -- I mean .. does it create diff messages for different PO numbers?

Your help on this is greatly appreciated

Thanks n Regards,

Shiny