Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to assign user in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Security gurus,

This is a weird thing happened to me. When I was working on PFCG to assign users to a role, somehow I dragged the column, all of sudden the user name field became GREY and I was not able to type in user id in the user name field. I clicked the u201Cconfigureu201D button on the bar, and checked no settings have been changed. Now in PFCG, the user name field has been grey out for every role.

If you know how to enable the field to be enterable again please let me know asap. I know I can assign the role through SU01 but in PFCG it is more efficient.

Thanks

Cicy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the field "User name" is read only by default. You can enter value only into the field "User ID". SAP automatically pulls corresponding name. I guess you hide the field "User ID" or just reorganized order of columns. It's a standard table control, so you can use button "Configuration" (top right corner) to modify layout.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

> somehow I dragged the column, all of sudden the user name field became GREY and I was not able to type in user id in the user name field.

Logoff and logon again (to clear the memory ID's and layouts - without saving them).

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the field "User name" is read only by default. You can enter value only into the field "User ID". SAP automatically pulls corresponding name. I guess you hide the field "User ID" or just reorganized order of columns. It's a standard table control, so you can use button "Configuration" (top right corner) to modify layout.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help. I had set the id field back now.