Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier from sales order to delivery

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In a sales order, there is a field for carrier in tab 'Partners'. Going forward, we like to get products from multiple plants A,B and C in the same order. It used to be that we only create 1 order for the same plants. When we create deliveries for an order with 3 different plants, then it will create 3 deliveries since we are going to split it by plants. The question is: Each deliveries will use the same carrier though those plants should not use the same carrier. This is due to the one carrier coming from sales order.

I want to have different carrier on the delivery depending on the plant.

Q: Would anyone know where or how to make changes to get the correct carrier into each delivery ?

Q: Is it common for a company to create one sales order only for the same plant ?

Can anyone pls share your thoughts and any suggestions are welcome.

thank you.

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q: Would anyone know where or how to make changes to get the correct carrier into each delivery ?

A: First, I advise you should check the Partner Determination. And What level the carrier be located in ? Header level or Item level. I think if it was located in item level. it will be copied into each delivery.

Q: Is it common for a company to create one sales order only for the same plant ?

A: I don't think so. As we know, the plant field is in the item level. One sales order can have many items, so I think one sales order can have many plants.

Hope it can help you to clear this. Thank you!

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hui Yang,

The one carrier is defaulted to the header and all line items level. For the different plants, i would have to manually change to the correct carrier. Thus, is the carrier considered to be header or item level ? I would have to check on the partner determination.

Appreicate your help. Thank you!

Joyce

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your requirement I would suggest you should go for item level as you are creating line items different plants in sales order.to automate you need to check partner determination how it is configured in your system.

If you are creting sales order for only then one plant then you have to go partner funtion determination for carrier at header level.It depends how is your requirement.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I would need to change for the carrier from header to item level. At the moment, it is still at header level. In the mean time, i changed the carrier on the line item. I noticed that freight for the carrier is incorrect after the change. The pricing on carrier did not get updated correctly. I try to select 'Redetermine freight price' but the price did not get updated. I assume partner determination will put in the correct pricing for the different carrier at line item level. Is my assumption correct ?

thanks

Joyce

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained any sepate pricing for carrier.If not then update pricing is not required.Check what is your fright condition access sequence.If it is carrier dependent then it should update otherwise it shoudnt update.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

There are access sequence for the freight condition for certain carrier. Thus it should update automatically when carrier is used at item level, right ?

thank you for your helful notes. Thanks to others who replied. Appreciate it !

Joyce

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

Good luck !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just maintain diffrent carrier partner function at item level in sales order,Then it will come in each delivery depending on your asignnments.

Kapil

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kapil,

I changed the carrier partner at item level and it carried over to each delivery. The change is manual though. I would have to see to automate this.

thank you for your help.

Joyce