cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask RFx item information in Bidder's view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

In our SRM5.0 environment, we are able to modify HTML templates to "mask" (not hide) some item information in bidder's view of the Bid Invitation. For example, if the item's UoM is "USD", we would not show the actual quantity, but change the display of quantity to 1 and UoM to "Task", to the bidder. We process this type of item as such because the quantity value is actually storing our budget which needs to be concealed from the bidders.

However, in our SRM 7.0 environment, I have difficulty in finding the best way to handle the same requirement. The data on the UI is rendered by context binding. I wonder if somehow enhancing the business object data retrieval is the best approach, or there is possibility for configuration. More importantly, I would like to know if any of you have faced similar requirement before (typically indicated by UoM = USD) and what solution you had, either technically or from business process point of view.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yang,

The quick solution which I can give right away is to introduce 2 custom fields at the item level. Based on the UoM field value, we will disable the 2 standard SAP fields and enable the newly introduced custom fields.

This can be done either enhancing the meta data code in the method UNIT of the class /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_IT_QTE or defining custom meta data attributes for these two SAP Standard fields

And same approach for the new custom fields.

Hope this might solve the problem quickly and not modifying any standard SAP Code.

Best Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

Thank you for the valuable input. I have confidence that this would be one of the cleanest approaches and I shall be able to tackle this issue with your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)