cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance comparison between JDBC and File adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

By some reason I am on project where there are devolped 2 kind of nterfaces for the same data; with 2 different types of adapters: JDBC and File.

Now we have to decide wich one is the best, regarding to peformance reasons.

Can somebody help or me tell me how to findout which of these adapters is faster?

Thanks in advanced

Emmanuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have good experiences with File adapter wrt to performance.

Besides this, you should also consider other features like, if you have file you need to write a program that reads file, validates and then inserts the data into DB. The advantage is that you can create a layer between the data sent and data pushed to the tables.. .disadvantage is extra program required

you can write programs to validate this data and you can modify before you insert into db.... so its all upto the requirement

Similarly with JDBC the data is directly written into the Tables no mediator program required.

Venkat.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you reading the data from an external system or are you writing them to an external system ? Please give a bit more detail.

CSY

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

file give you a better flexibility that a DB, but performance wise, a DB would be much more faster.

more than performance, it would be a matter of how you want the interface to be in the future.

will it be a ftp server that is easy to be maintained or is it a DB? there are such questions that should decide