Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy EP on SQL Server

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to perfom system copy from an EP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 production system to a development system.

My production system is a Java only, High Availability system with SQL server.

I have finished the export process using the sapinst tool and I have created a folder EXPORT which I copied to the new server (target system). In the target system (not high availability) I have prepared the OS (windows) and I have installed SQL server. I started sapinst selecting system copy - target system - central system - based on AS Java - central system from sapinst.

After few steps the procedure prompts for "Migration Export" media. I enter the path of the folder that I have copied erlier but I get the following error:

You entered: X:\IMPORT\JAVA Found the label SAP:JMIG:700:::* but need the label SAP:MIGJDMP:700:::*

Onother question that I have is:

Do I have to install the SAP EP first in target systme using normal procedure and then to use the system copy procedure in target system?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

I followed the database specific steps and it worked. Probably problem with the export of the database in database independent procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friend

You're on the right path, did nothing wrong by now. Please try with the latest installation master again.

Regards,

Effan

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you be more specific?

What do you mean try with the latest installation master again?

Why am I getting this error?

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Note 151603 :Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database,

For Java or ABAP + Java systems that are based on NetWeaver technology lower than Version 7.10, 
you must first export parts of the Java source system. For this, you must use the delivered SAP installation master DVD
 of your installed SAP release. The export of the Java part into a file is then created using the option 'system copy'.

Have you used the same IM, which is corresponding to your Installed SAP EP release ?

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I used the same installation master DVD that was used for EP installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I cannot find any step of what you did is wrong, my guess would be a bug in the control.xml file.

To find the latest install master:

SWDC - Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - Installation and Upgrade - Windows Server - Microsoft SQL-Server

The latest available one there was release on 27.03.2008.

Also make sure the export directory you copied, must be the whole parent directory, not the sub directory which contains EXPORT only.