cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification to the next approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with the email notifications for the next approver. When i.e. a SC is ordered, I need that moreover the workitem is sent to the approver, an email notification is sent too. I have configured the recipients of the notifications but default events are only (at least it is what I have seen) approved, rejected, changed and deleted. It is working as expected because the emails are sent for this events but I need an email in each approver step once and user approve a document. I have checked the task TS40007943 which I would like that sends the notification but it does not works.

I am working with SRM 7.0 but some colleagues have told me that in previous version it was done by standard but for more I read I do not find anything related.

Could you help me with this issue? Is some configuration missed for sending notifications?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about setting each approver as reviewer also?

Each reviewer(approver) can see workitem in his/her inbox and monitor the status and put comments until the workflow completes. This is not email notification but some customers use reviewer function to put some comments.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

At first I would like thanks your responses. Previously I have seen a lot of responses from you, supporting at most of users in this matter :). Really my client wants/needs that an email is sent to his associated email account once the WorkItem (which is receiving in his Inbox) arrives. This is made as I have configurated in some cases, for example, an email is received to the author associated email account when the document is totally approved (when the last approver, approves. So if a document, like SC, has 3 approvers, when the second approver approves the document (opening this from his inbox), an email notificacion should be sent to the 3rd approver indicating that he has a document to be approved in his inbox (a text like we can found in the task description TS40007943).

For me it is strange that it was not made by standard because is not good that an user should check his inbox every moment and as some colleagues as told me, It was made automatically in previous version of SAP SRM.

So, Do you think that some configuration is missed? I have read a lot about this but I have not found how to configure SAP for adapting to my needes. Could you help me?

Many thanks and best regards.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which one are we talking about? A and B are in standard. I guess your requirement is C. Please confirm.

A. Approval request notification email when workitem is received in inbox

B. Alert notification email when document status is changed or deadline is reached

C. Some notification email when each workflow step is completed

If you are talking about A, please check you have scheduled the program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND.

If your scenario is like this (C), you need something additional enhancement. It is not in standard also in old version.

1. When document is created, email is sent to approver 1, approver 2 and approver 3

2. When approver 1 approves the workitem, email is sent to approver 2 and approver 3

3. When approver 2 approves the workitem, email is sent to approver 1 and approver 3

4. When approver 3 approves the workitem, email is sent to approver 1 and approver 2

5. When document is approved/rejected, email is sent to requester, approver 1, approver 2 and approver 3 (This is in standard)

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

My requirement is A. Approval request notification email when workitem is received in inbox

I received the workitem but not any email. I have configurated my user for this in the PPOMA_BBP and the contact person as account for receive this. I have executed the report that you told me my but it does not found any workitem to be sent.

Many thanks.

Edited by: Agus P. on Mar 5, 2010 1:33 PM

Edited by: Agus P. on Mar 5, 2010 1:34 PM

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following:

- Set the attribute FORWARD_WI for the requester

- In SU01, select "email" as the communication method and maintain an email address

- In SO16, select 'Send to home address of users' / tab mail sy.grp

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank both for your responses. Changing the parameter of the SO16 and executing after the report to send emails offline, It works!

Thank you very much.

Best Regards, Agus.

Answers (0)