cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create charts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I´m working in a SAP project with HCM. What the client wants it create a bar chart in a Webdynpro with some information of the employee (appraisals documents).

I have created an ABAP program using the next link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/CreatingchartsinSimpleABAP+Programs

But this chart must be presented in a Webdynpro with adobe interactive forms. the chart must be created in runtime and the presented in a image field en adobe. But I'm not been able to do this.

Any suggestion ?

thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder how did you solve the problem. Is there any experience you could share with us to improve the experience regarding the same problems in future? Would be great, thank you, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, there is the option to create a car directly in the form, but, probably, you would like to use such a functionality even outside forms, right? then it would NOT help you to use form scripting language with no possible output out of the form into the backend. but why don´t you start the other way round?

start in your backend. there athe those "business graphics something (classes??)" which can draw pictures/ graphs in your backend/ ABAP. I am sure these FM/ methods can give you the picture data stream (i expect this 1) it would be a sign of good manners 2) I have helped some guy to do such a thing). And you can just take these binary data and send them to the form. Yes, the graph won´t be interactive, but you probably don´t need it. You must only use the LCD supported type (like GIF) and not some obscure one and use some tutorial or thread like these to help you send the picture data into the form.

/people/bhawanidutt.dabral/blog/2007/11/15/how-to133-integrate-adobe-form-on-webdynpro-for-abap-and-deploy-it-on-portal

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi otto.

I used the next post as reference to create a image field in a Adobe form:

/people/bhawanidutt.dabral/blog/2007/11/15/how-to133-integrate-adobe-form-on-webdynpro-for-abap-and-deploy-it-on-portal

and I used the next post as reference to create a chart from an ABAP program.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/CreatingchartsinSimpleABAP+Programs

After make some modification to this code in an ABAP program, it still working fine displaying the chart in backend. If i copy this code to the Webdynpro to fill the interfase of the Adobe form it does not work.

After the last

CALL METHOD l_ixml_custom_doc->render

EXPORTING

ostream = l_ostream.

I'm getting the variable l_xstr that I supposed this is the binary string I have assing to the image field. I have two different fields :

IM_GRAFICA type XSTRING

IM_GRAFICA_STRING typpe string

data: img type string.

CALL FUNCTION 'SSFC_BASE64_ENCODE'

EXPORTING

• BINDATA = l_xstr

bindata = ls_zrh_test_grafico-IM_GRAFICA

• BINLENG =

IMPORTING

B64DATA = ls_zrh_test_grafico-IM_GRAFICA_STRING

EXCEPTIONS

SSF_KRN_ERROR = 1

SSF_KRN_NOOP = 2

SSF_KRN_NOMEMORY = 3

SSF_KRN_OPINV = 4

SSF_KRN_INPUT_DATA_ERROR = 5

SSF_KRN_INVALID_PAR = 6

SSF_KRN_INVALID_PARLEN = 7

OTHERS = 8

neither the two of them are working. But If I add the next code in order to use an image from the SE78. It work fine.

• Get the Photographs.

lv_pernr1 = 'ENJOY'. "

CALL METHOD cl_ssf_xsf_utilities=>get_bds_graphic_as_bmp

EXPORTING

p_object = c_graphics

p_name = lv_pernr1

p_id = c_bmap

p_btype = c_bcol

RECEIVING

p_bmp = ls_z_abs_pdf_test_2-im_photo

EXCEPTIONS

not_found = 1

internal_error = 2

OTHERS = 3.

Does any one know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to bind that base code 64 string to an Image Field - that should display your image

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't think Adobe has anything built in to build charts. You might have to find some way to save an image of the chart then embed it at run time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert.

Do you know any FM o class in order to save the chart I have create?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the only thing I could find

I faced this requirement about 2 years ago, and I had generate the

chart using Google Chart APIs from .NET using NGChart, then download

the image to a local file, conver it to binrary, then to Base64

encoded string, then push the string to the Image Field in LC Form

using XDP format.

edit: but this is not regarding SAP development of AIF

Edited by: robert phelan on Mar 4, 2010 11:15 PM

Former Member