Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park and Post with ME22N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

We are currently using ME22N to park and post a PO.

User with just the PO Processor role is now able to post with AR Approver role

(without the PO Approver role). The authorization objects related to

post are being shared across different modules. These object are

available in all the approver roles and it gives the ability for the

user to post a PO even without a PO Approver role.

It appears as if the F_FICA_FOG, F_FICA_FSG, F_FICB_FKR, and F_FMMD_MES

are being shared across multiple FI modules. One role has the park

(actvt 11) access (PO Processor) and the other role (AR Approver) has

posting capabilities (actvt 10).

We are leaning towards creating custom authorization objects to achieve this. We are trying to prevent Segregation of Duty conflicts in our system. Are there any standard was to prevent someone from posting a parked document in the purchasing module (a PO) if the person has access to post AR documents (AR Invoices)?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decided to have the DEV team create a custom auth object and custom table to handle this issue. In the table there is a listing of activities, for example:

PO1 - PO Processor Park

PO2 - PO Approver Post

AR1 - AR Processor Park

AR2 - AR Processor Post

In the PO Processor role, in the custom object, the value would be PO1, and in the AR Approver, the custom object would have AR2. This will require a lot of testing. I hope this helps someone in that may have this problem in the future.

Edited by: T on Feb 10, 2011 9:43 AM

0 Kudos

Creating a purchase order is a basic step - it has some standard objects associated with it which are purchase order specific. I've not encountered a need to go down a custom object route so far - please could you add a little more detail so that it is clearer?