Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on SCM 5.0

My user wants to add data to a single KF at one location at higher level.

(We have many levels like Product, Customer, Location,.)

When he is adding the data in location level in one column, its not disaggregating to the existing proportions. (The KF is type I. So rt now, it should disaggregate by Pro Rata than looking at other KF for Prop Factors). Its not disaggregating in right way to customer and Product level. He is ensuring by opening up all Products and copying, it works fine with product data. but when we drill down by customer, its not doing the right disaggregation as per existing customer proportions.

How to solve this issue. I can't run a macro, as the data added is very manual. Macro can only copy from 1 KF to other(as per my knowledge). I never tried macros with functions like AGGR, etc..

Any help pls ?

thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I dont think my user can Zero it out everytime. He has to add the data to an existing value in one or few columns. When he is adding the data, the data is not disaggregated to all the customers and products in right existing proportions. At max, i can try to disaggregate on to the displayed level (say i have customers details all) then it can do for customer. then when i make it customer total, and go to Product details all, then i dont see right disaggregation. The KF is type I. means only first time, it looks for Prop factors (APODPDANT) later on pro rata. So i want the data to be disaggregated on Pro rata basis, which is not occurring.

any idea ?

thanks for your help..

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Consider the following example.

Product - ABCD.

Customer - C1, C2, C3, C4, C5.

Assuming ABCD has C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 below that.. we can take an example as below

C1 - 500

C2 - 100

C3 - 50

C4 - 200

C5 - 150

Total at ABCD = 1000.

Now assuming the value is changed at ABCD level is changed from 1000 to 2000, then we shud expect to the see the following values

C1 - 1000

C2 - 200

C3 - 100

C4 - 400

C5 - 300

Total at ABCD = 2000.

Is this not happening? Or is there something else that is expected out of this dis-aggregation?

I have taken just 2 levels and it is simpler to explain, however in your case I understand, you have location, product, customer in which case it gets a little complex to sight examples however still we shud get the same result.

Since you have the data setup, can you pull up a combination and try to explain what is being expected and then we can try to arrive at a solution.

On your queries about macros, you can still run exit macros which will run automatically when an user changes data or a level change macro which will run when the user interactively changes the level of view... Also we can use a macro to copy data back into the same KF by using an auxillary row for temporary storage.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

I want the system should behave exactly like that. It should show same way on each customer. But it shows different way.

Like Customer

C1 : 600

c2 : 150

c3 : 400

c4: 350

c5 : 500

total : 2000

I want to know why system is not disaggegating in right way as per existing proportional factors in all the levels. We expect it should disaggregate to all levels as per pro rata.

I dont want to give the solution of storing into temp KF, etc. I want the system should immediately disaggregate correctly. Otherwise Users wont be happy with APO.

Any other ideas ?

thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

A very simple solution to this problem is to first zero out at the Highest level, save it and then enter required value and save it again. This way the system will disaggregate based on the other KF properly.

Can you pls detail your problem with a suitable example so that we can try and find a solution.

Thanks

Mani