cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC basic type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Is there anyway to find out the right Basic type which suites our requirement?

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in most cases basic type does not give you much info

as the same basic type can be used for many SAP transactions

what you're looking for is message type + basic type

tell us the requirement and we will tell you the IDOC you can use - if you stick to forum rules

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

My requirement is whenever a material is created/changed an IDOC should be triggerd.

we are using change pointers concept here.

MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_MATMAS is used to record the changes and its get triggerd when we create/change and then pass the idoc to PI for further processing.

I am also extending my IDOC by adding few fields.

My question is:

1.How do i know which basic type to use?

2.Do i need to populate the fields for an extended IDOC using some enhancements/EXITs or just pass the extended IDOC to PI?

please reply

Sahil

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1.How do i know which basic type to use?

Z IDOC as you want to add some new fields

>>>2.Do i need to populate the fields for an extended IDOC using some enhancements/EXITs or just pass the extended IDOC to PI?

a) EXIT then you need to use Z IDOC

b) in PI then you can use MATMAS05 and add the fileds in PI by a lookup to ERP and then map to anything else

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

The functional consultant will know exactly which idoc he wants to use becaue he is the one who knows the functionality. If he wants any changes to the existing one then he will ask for changes then the abapter would do an extension to accommodate his changes.

You can always go to we60 and give the basic type and then you can see the documenataion.

Regards,

---Satish