Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict key combination using authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

Need a help.

I have a scenario, wherein I go to tcode MN04 or MN05, enter any output type for purchase order eg. NEU.

When I click on key combination button, I want the second radio button to work only and give me the output ie. Puchasing output determination Doc Type/puch org/vendor.

When I would try to use the first radio button ie. Puchasing output determination Purch org/vendor for EDI or the third radio button

Puchasing output determination: Document type, I should get an error.

Is it possible to restrict them using authorosation or any path in SPRO to restrict the radio buttons for key combination in MN04/ MN05.

Thanks

Amitava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This cannot be done with standard authorizations, the key combinations you are referring to are the access keys in the access sequence table for output determination.

There are other transactions for which there is a possibility to restrict access based on the appicaltion (V,V1 orV2.....) and the particualr condition table, but not at the level of the access key itself

and the idea to change programs for such a request can turn out to be a nightmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sekhar for the response.

However, I would like to know what the V1 and V2 stand for and possibly whether it's not possible to acheive the desired result in these particular Transactions (MN04 and MN05).

What would you suggest as an alternate way to handle the situation?

Thanks

Amitava

Former Member
0 Kudos

V1 is for Sales, V2 fo shipping, V3 for Billing.....................

As i said earlier - what you ask for cannot be done for MN04 and MN05 and both transactions check for V_KONH_VKS authorization object and this object has only 2 fields Activity and Condition type

So with what we have we can restrict only on the condition type but not at the access key level

Could you let us know, why would you want to restrict a few access keys for particular condition type? What is the target to achieve ?