cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for e-mail confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing a RFC to file scenario on SAP XI 3.0 system. Please find th scenario details, below;

1) ERP system sends 2 different internal tables into SAP XI

2) By using BPM, XI system is splitting the document

3) And creates two different documents

4) Then, creates 2 different files at remote side, by using file adapter.

At the end of the respective process, remote side is sending a confirmation e-mail, because of they processed the documents successfully. At this stage, as soon as I get the confirmation e-mail, I understand that the transaction completed succesfully.

The question is, how can I implement mail handling in BPM? And delay the transaction until the confirmation message delivered to the XI system?

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how can I implement mail handling in BPM?

But earlier you mentione remote side is sending a confirmation e-mail

If it is through PI, then you can use File sender step in BPM along with Request Ack. Then in the same sequence you may put another send Mail step. This will get executed once the File Ack is received.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes, after remote side is processed the file which is one another company, they are sending an confirmation mail, automatically. The problem is, I need to delay XI transaction until I get the confirmation message. So, as far as I concerned that I need to put a receive step after file send step in BPM and use a correlation to find related document, but I don't know how can I do it.

Is it correct? And how can I implement it?

Thank you for your helps...

Orkun Gedik