Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy Error

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to perfom system copy from an Netweaver 7.0 SR3 production system to a development system.

My production system is a Java only, High Availability system with SQL server.

I have finished the export process using the sapinst tool and I have created a folder EXPORT which I copied to the new server (target system). In the target system (not high availability) I have prepared the OS (windows) and I have installed SQL server. I started sapinst selecting system copy - target system - central system - based on AS Java - central system.

After few steps the procedure prompts for "Migration Export" media. I enter the path for the folder that i have copied but I get the following error:

You entered: X:\IMPORT\JAVA Found the label SAP:JMIG:700::😘 but need the label SAP:MIGJDMP:700::😘

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this a system by backup-/restore or export/import ?

From your message it seems via export - import.

If the system is HA and/or distributed - note # 970518

Section: Using virtual hosts for central and/or DB instances

Are thier virtual hostnames involved here?

If so, did you start the export with the property SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual host>.

and did you perform the export from the db instance?

hope this helps,

Paul

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

I have followed the steps for export / import of the HA system. I have export the CI and the DB instances.

What do you mean by saying:

did you start the export with the property SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual host>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you have taken export of java CI and DB from both the nodes then you have to import it using sapinst based on AS Java - Distributed system (System copy>target system>Distributed system-->based on AS java). In that you first install SCS then import database instace using DB export and finnaly import Central instance using java CI export.

Thanks

Abullaus

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

The target system is not a distributed system. Do I Have to follow this procedure?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to follow this procedure on single host becouse you have taken export from HA system it will work.

I have already done this.

Thanks

Abullais

Edited by: Abullais Ansari on Mar 5, 2010 9:02 PM

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed the SCS first using the selection "distributed system" but when I am trying to install the DB in the dialog when I must give the import directory i get the same error.

Probably the problem must be the DB export procedure on source system.

Is there a specific way to export DB from source system? Is there something that I specifically must take into account?

First I must export DB and store it to a X:\export folder and then I must export the central instance and store it to the same directory, is this correct?

I have run this procedure twice and the results are the same. (both successfully completed).

What do I do wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Odysseas,

I am in the same situation as yours.

How did you get past to this problem? Please help me..

Edited by: NishitSAP on Feb 11, 2011 12:11 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That label should have been create during the export from the source system, do a search for LABEL.ASC file or similar on your export directory...

Regards

Juan

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is that the label.asc file exists on the export and import directory.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the labels to see if the info inside matches the one been asked by sapinst?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to take two export one for CI and other for DB from production ,HA is consider as distributed system we need to take two export.

label SAP:MIGJDMP: is use for DB export and lable SAP:JMIG:700::😘 is used for CI.

After export you need to import these using sapinst distributed installation method.

Regards

Abullais

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Do I have to install first the SAP EP nad then to use the system copy procedure in target system?

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

anyone?