cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Influence Forecast Consumption Logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am trying to use BADI /SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CSP to influence forecast consumption logic. (Sales order should consume forecast in same month)

Can you pls tell if this is possible using this BADI and also would need the implementation notes.

Another point: We have a stand alone APO system, so would like to know if this BADI would still function when the SO are uploaded through BAPI??

Thanks in Advance

Santhana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Santhana,

Praveen had the same question:

Link:

You don't have to do anything special to the orders. You just need to create a Z calendar and specify it in the BAdI /SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CSP.

Maybe it's time for me to write a white paper on this!

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please elloborate your point on the solution?

Because even if i define a Z calendar, not sure how i can restrict the system to consume the forecast in same month?

Thanks,

Santhana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhana,

I finally got around to creating a wiki for forecast consumption:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/Forecastconsumptionwithinfiscalperiod

I just created this today, so I hope the link will work OK.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Your wikie link does not work could you please check and resend the correct one?

Regards,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

SC,

The text editor on these forum posts will truncate URLs if one is not careful.I assume that this was the issue with Dan's post. Try

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Forecastconsumptionwithinfiscalperiod(APO-DPwiki)]

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the forecast is released from Demand Planning to Supply Planning (SNP) in weekly buckets there will be crossover of the forecast for the weeks that are in the Month end/Month Beginning, the week could fall into different months.

Even though we restrict the forecast consumption to the calendar month, it could still be consuming some forecast in the weekly bucket that overlaps the end of one month and the beginning of the next month.

How to overcome this problem. I need to restrict the consumption to present month, wheather the bucket is day or week.

Appreciate the response.

Thanks

Vinay

Answers (0)